Sunday, September 23, 2012

Yesterday we  had the first annual Braegger reunion....and it was sure a lot of fun!  I took a ton of pictures, but my computer is kind of wigging out and won't let me upload them...so I'll keep working on that.  I need to write a little bit though cause it was such a special day, and I don't want to forget.
We had initially planned on going up to Pine view reservoir and taking the boat.  Teina and I talked and decided we had better check out the situation up there in person to make sure we could get a camp ground close to the water, so her and Lynn drove up there and found out we would have had to reserve the pavilion, (which is not close to the water) for 200.00.  The lady I talked to said there were camp grounds close to the water that we could probably get if we got there early.  Teina said the camp grounds were pretty small with just one or two tables and not enough room for all of us.
So we decided to bag that idea and were just going to go to the park.  Then Brenda suggested we go up to Mantua ( thats manatooa for Candice)  to a camp ground there by that lake and do dutch oven cooking.  We thought that sounded good.  Then we found out that the LDS girls home up there was available that day, so we decided to go there.  We actually went there about 25 years ago for a Braegger family reunion.  I have a picture of us all sitting on the big front lawn.
Anyway, we picked up Candice on the way and had a few other stops on the way so we didn't get there till after 11:00.  Driving up the canyon  and back into the girls home was pretty amazing.  The colors in the mountains were so bright and vibrant.  It was really beautiful.
When we got there, Brenda and Teina were there setting up and Leslie pulled in right behind us.   We helped get the dutch oven potato's ready to cook and got the chicken cooking, then we had some time to visit and  play some games. Phil and Stacey, Denise and Eric showed up just a little later.
   We were just getting dinner on the table and Brad's family showed up. Julie came with her cute girls too.  Mark's family came just a little bit later.
Their families have all the little ones, so that livened things up a bit.  I was just dying to have Olivia and Sam there.  It was fun to see the cousins play together and get to know each other.
After we ate, we did this little craft I brought.  It was a cute thing I saw on pinterest...a bead necklace that you attach a little toy container that comes in the gum machine ( I looked everywhere to find these!) then you put a bug or crawly thing in it for your little pet.  The kids seemed to like it!

Then we went outside for a pinata Leslie had made.  It was so cute.  The kids had a ball with that too.
  Then Brenda did a fun game with the kids with balloons. 
It was so nice to get to visit with neices and nephews.  Just love them and their sweet little families.
So glad KC and Candice were there...they were good sports and very supportive! ...so lucky to be mom to these two...they make me proud and happy!
 Fixing Sadies little necklace that broke
Oh boy, the day went by so fast!  We wanted to get a family picture taken before people had to leave, so Lynn set up his tri-pod  so we could all get in the picture.  That was quite a trick to get all the kids to cooperate, but I think it will turn out! 
We cleaned up a bit, then it was time to go.  We are already making plans for next year though... we decided we really like having it there at the girls home..There's lots to do and it's got everything we need there.  The kids had the best time just running around in there and letting their balloons go off the balcony.   I think everyone had a good time.  Thank you thank you to my sweet family for supporting me in this...it meant so much to me to be able to have this get together with my sisters and their families.  This is our family and we will have to give a little more effort to stay close now that mum and daddy are gone. We will have to be the ones to hold our family together now.  I want so very much for us sisters and our families to stay close to each other. I miss the get togethers we had as we were going through things at the house.  Now that it's all said and done,  I feel an emptiness. I look back over pictures and things I brought home though and remember the fun we had and that fills me up.  We will just have to keep making more  wonderful memories,  All it takes is a day like we had yesterday...that left me with a very warm, full to over flowing heart.

1 comment:

Angie said...

It was a fun time and so pretty! I am so glad I called about the girl's home. It would have been pretty hard to contain the kids in that small area. Thanks for coming and helping put this on. I agree we need to keep them up and it would be fun to do a Christmas one too..