Tuesday, September 25, 2012

 A few things from last week that I've been thinking about...
Love these two...they can always cheer up my day.,,,Cafe Rio doesn't hurt either.
Grateful for this guy too...woke up to find the button dolls I had been working on had all commit suicide.  seriously...who does these things?
 Went over to help with  the quilt for the festival of trees.  I haven't quilted for many many years...and it showed.  Nel is really a pro and makes the tiniest little stitches.  Mine look like I needed to put my glasses on.
They had  had the quilt on at the super Saturday so lots of different ladies worked on it.  They started out quilting the designs inside the squares  and the squares too, but realized we would never get the quilt done at that rate.  So  now  we doing just the squares. 
It was fun to visit with Jo Ann and Nel and Naomi and Chris while we quilted. 
After about 3 hours though, my fingers were hurting!  I know I know...now I get landscaping duty.
 I spent a few days last week going around to some different tile stores.  We have a lot of area to be tiled in the bathroom so this is kind of a big decision.  I don't really like to make decisions that I'm going to have to look at for the next rest of my life.  (I'm pretty sure we won't be remodeling upstairs again any time soon.)
Anyway, there are about 50 tile stores on 3rd west so I tried to hit a bunch of them to see what was available.  I brought home a bunch of samples of ones that I liked,.  Some of the show rooms had some great ideas of  different things you can do with the tile...gonna take Kelley back with me to look at some tomorrow...hopefully we will come home with something...we are at that point now where he can't do anything else till he gets the tile in.
We had bunko Thursday night out to Brenda's.  Stacey and I went up to the stake standards night first though.  It was really cute the way the stake yw and ym presidencies had set it up. They had all these booths set up outside with fun activities for the kids to do.  We went to the booth that Abby was running and played musical chairs. We had a good bunch of kids from our ward show up.  We snuck out after that...I don't think it was a big deal for the leaders to be there anyway. 
I picked up the other gals and drove out to Brenda's.  I felt so sad to hear Karen tell us of the hard things they are going through right now with their son.  My heart breaks for her and the decisions they are having to make right now.
Bunko was fun.  Everything was so nice and we were all in the mood for  chatting so we went way late.  I came home with the bunko prize this time!  I don't think I have ever won it before. 
 
Very cool!
.

2 comments:

stacey said...

really....never the bunco! I never paid attention....that's so crazy. you will now go on a streak and win for the next few months! you should anyway! the button dolls went missing at my house too....found them in Kallies oven...ha. we best finish and save those dolls!

Angie said...

Crazy things happening at your house those poor dolls! gotta love Candy and KC! I am excited to see your room all done!