Sunday, September 9, 2012

Teina called me last week to tell me that aunt Dorella had passed away.  We didn't find out till the day of her funeral...I feel bad about that.  I would have loved to be there.  Les was kind of in charge of watching the obituary, but she was out of town so she didn't see it.  Teina happened to come across it, but it was too late to go.  Anyway, their family was all really supportive at mum's funeral, so we wanted to be there for hers.   Oh well, I'm sure now she's up in heaven, she knows that we have been thinking about her and love her. 
She has been in an assisted living home for quite a few years...a real nice one there in Logan.  Then a few years ago, her health started to fail and she needed more help than they offered there, so she went to live with Jimmy.  Glad she could spend the end of her life surrounded with loving family.
She was a special lady...daddy's older sister.  I always remember her taking care of somebody...she had two husbands that passed away and she took care of each of them for years.  Then she took care of Aunt Pat.  She would go over there and fix her hair and help her get ready for the day.  Then she took care of grandma Braegger as she got older.   One thing I remember about her is that she would bring daddy a lovely decorated carrot cake for his birhday.  She was a sweet, soft spoken lady who spent her life in the service of others.  Lived 99 years...hope I inherited some of those great genes!

1 comment:

Angie said...

I love aunt Dorella mainly because we shared a birthday! She was such a sweet lady and such a wonderful cook!