Saturday, September 1, 2012

Had such a fun day yesterday...Kelley had Friday and Monday off for Labor day so we thought we'd go fishing.  Stacey and I had talked about going to Swiss Days so we decided we might as well make a day of it! 
We got up to Strawberry pretty early..it was at least 20 degrees cooler up there...kind of over cast,  The water was just like glass all day though so that was nice!  It warmed up when the sun came shining through the clouds.  
We went out just a little way from the dock and started graphing fish like crazy, so we stopped and threw in some lines.  As soon as Stacey threw her line in, she caught a great big one!  Then a few minutes later, she caught another one! 





A while later, I got one on my line.  Stacey was going to take a picture of it with my phone but accidentally touched the screen, which made it zoom in so all she could see was my big head.  I said " I will hold the fish up closer to my face so you can get it in there"  So  I did and the fish started flopping around and smacked me right in the face!  HA!  I guess he showed me! 
After a while, we headed over to Swiss Days.  Theres a lot of  people there, but they have a shuttle bus  that will take you there so you don't have to walk so far. 
We got a sand which and went and sat down to watch these Swiss performers...the yodelers were singing  just as we were walking in...they are so good!  I was thinking how I wished mum could have seem this show...she would have loved it!
   

 
As we were leaving, we walked over to the cute farm store across from the parking lot and got some cheese and an ice cream cone.  It's really beautiful up there...All the farms and the homes look like something off a post card.  The leaves have already started changing ...it's still early, but they say it's been a dry summer and that made them turn earlier than usual. Made for a breath taking ride down the canyon.

No comments: