Sunday, September 9, 2012

These chickens are a hoot!
I let them run loose the other night and they went wild!  Hopping and flying and jumping up to eat the raspberry bushes










 The other day Candice and I went out to fetch the eggs.  When we peeked in the door, there was a chicken in the nest.  We were going to just leave it alone, but when we started to leave, this other chicken came up and started pecking at the eggs the other chicken was sitting on.  We were afraid she would break them so Candice reached under her to get them out.  There were 4 she was sitting on.  She wasn't ready to move though, so we let her be.  The other chickens started coming in the coop to see what was going on.  Pretty soon they were all in there.  They started pecking at my feet, so I took the hint and left!  I guess they want their privacy too!

They are doing a real good!  We are getting 7 or 8 eggs every day! Still trying to figure out which one's are boys.  I thought for sure some of the black ones were male, but they were the ones sitting on the nest!  I guess we will have to wait and see if anybody starts to cock-a-doodle-doo!
 



2 comments:

Angie said...

Those chickens are so pretty I love the colors! You must be eating omlets everyday:)

kat said...

7-8/day?! You guys are going to have to start eating more! I'm the only one I know that could keep up with that many!