Tuesday, September 4, 2012

 A few more pictures from our last few fishing trips...   I have a fun time just hanging around with these two...no matter what we're doing.
We stopped at the Walmart in Heber to get a few things and some worms on our way up to the lake yesterday and ran into Steve, Sherry, Lana and her family. They were headed up to Strawberry for the day too.  It was so great to see them.   We stood there and talked for about a half hour.  We all miss them so much since they moved away...  just some of my favorite people ever.
It was sure a beautiful day on the lake...but I think everyone had the same idea..there were a million boats out there too. So glad we don't have to hassle with unloading and loading the boat at the dock cause it was packed!  I guess it was the last big hurrah for summertime fishing being the labor day holiday.  I  do love the fishing in the fall though...



Oh, this was the cool full moon that was just going down as we were driving up the canyon... it was beautiful but I blame it for our lack of catching yesterday.

 Pretty leaves..





















KC with a mohawk?  nice!  naw, it was just windy when we were coming into shore.  He has been cutting his own hair ever since he got home from his mission (well he went to a great clips one time and the girl did a crappy job and he thought 'I could possibly do better myself!')  ( plus he is the tightest kid I have ever met...that about killed him to spend 15 dollars for a hair cut!)
Anyway, he does a pretty good job with it.  








What I wanted to say about KC though, is that he is just a great young man! 
Here's some things I really like about him...
He is kind, and sweet.
He is funny!  Between him and Kelley, I am either laughing or being scared or teased all day long.
He is polite and sensitive to others' feelings....This is something that will make  him a good husband and father some day.  He always thanks me for doing his laundry or anything else I do for him.
He eats my food!  He is not picky and tells me it is good and thanks me for making it for him.  This is kind of a big deal to me and I appreciate it!
I like his friends ...great kids!
He is smart.
He loves to learn new things and is not afraid to try.
He is a good person...always wants to help others out and do what is right.
He is a hard worker...like his dad.
He loves and lives the gospel....good example to us and makes us try to do better
Oh and going back to KC being a tight wad...I love that about him too!  He has worked and saved every cent he makes to pay for school.  He will do crappy weed pulling jobs or whatever he can find to earn more to pay for school.  He sits down at the computer desk and calculates how much he will need to come up with for this semester and how he can make it work.  He desperately doesn't want to ask us for money.
Just watching him these past few weeks as he started school again, I am reminded again of how lucky we are to have him in our family.  Definitely not "the boy" anymore. He is The Man.
 





1 comment:

kat said...

He really is THE MAN, but I'm always going to call him the boy. Sorry!