Monday, September 17, 2012

 Friday morning I went over to Judy's to learn how to make these button dolls for the festival of trees that our Relief Society is doing.  She is on the enrichment committee ( or what ever that's called now) and was in charge of a few of the ornaments for the tree they are entering. ( Which should really be  fabulous...Naomi is in charge of the whole deal and she always does an amazing job!)
They had asked the young women to come help with these dolls so she wanted me to be able to help teach them how to make them. 
Judy is an amazing lady...one of my favorite people ever. She has been through a lot in her life...some real hard things, but keeps on going with a great attitude.  She is a great camper and has always been involved in yw girls camp.  I think that's where I got to know what a neat lady she is.  She doesn't do anything half way...more like 150 percent!  She always had the funnest ideas for the girls and they all loved her.  My girls still just love her to pieces and always have to talk to her and get a hug when they see her.  I got to be her visiting teacher for many years and really enjoyed that too. 
Anyway,  she had all these little dolls ready to go and their dresses all sewn. 
Judy's daughter Cami was over there too.  She is super crafty and real talented.  She showed me how to do some cute  crochet edges on a baby blanket.  It looks really cute.  Gonna have to try that!   Then Judy showed me these socks.  She said she had learned how to do them and thought Olivia would like to have a pair.  How nice is that! 


 Cami showed me these adorable scarves she has been making and told me they were really easy.  I had her show me in just a jiffy how to do it.  I'm going to have to make some of those!
They sent me home with my arms and my head full of fun projects to do!
Sure do love these two.  So grateful for their close relationship  and for the love and respect they have for each other.  So grateful for the love and respect they always show me too.
While I went to super Saturday, they worked out together and mowed the lawn.  Then when I got done, we went fishing! ( Super saturday was fun.  the amount of work that goes into it is unbelievable...all these different handmade ornaments, a train with hand painted cars to go around the tree, a big quilted quilt, and lots of other things will go with the tree. Bishop Light cut out a ton of wood projects to be finished...so much work!   Kelley is making a quilt rack for the quilt to hang on to donate too.)  a few young women  and a couple other ladies worked on the dolls with me.  Stacey came a litttle later and stayed and finished up with them.  I think they got about 10 dolls done! They had a nice lunceon ...it was nice to get to visit with some ladies from the ward...not a lot of opportunities to do that.) 


 It was such a beautiful day.  We caught a few pretty good size fish!
Kelley are you giving KC a dirty look because you got skunked?
Canyon was so beautiful...the colors are amazing!
 The flowers are so pretty right now.  Just had to take a few pictures...


 
 
Cotners came over after church. Will reset the sensor in the car that keeps saying to service engine soon.  They have fixed everything so now we just need to fix the stupid  sensor that says it's broken!  Hope that did the trick.   
Colton wanted to feed the chickens and the fish.  He is growing up ...hardly threw any rocks into the pond...I could just see the wheels turning as he held the rock in his hand  ( although he did throw the food right on the chickens and got a big kick out of that.)  Ha, he is a funny little guy. He adores Kelley though.  Kelley boost him up into the coop and let Colton fetch the eggs and put them in a basket.  He was careful with them after Kelley told him they would break...couldn't care less when his mom and I told him.   His parents have the patience of Job.
This is their baby boy.  He seems a lot calmer than Colton...by the time Colton was his age, he was running circles around everyone!
 Made some yummy rolls and a turkey for dinner...  a nice Sunday!



1 comment:

Angie said...

love the festival of trees so fun! your friends have so many cute ideas. I can't imagine how much fun you have all together!