Friday, September 7, 2012

"P" Night
We had a fun YW activity wednesday night. 
Come to find out the girls haven't been doing their personal progress so much....most not at all. So we decided to have a night where we could find out where they were on their goals andhelp some of them get started.
It's a little bard to get the girls to come out when you just tell them you are going to work on personal progress, so we tried to make it fun...telling them to wear as many things as they could find that started with a P, and that we would have pizza and prizes and pudding and popcorn and don't forget your personal progress books! 
And the location...Paula's patio...of course!

 These twins are hilarious...they don't hold back...just tell you what they are thinking!
Alisha is such a doll...I feel like I've watched her grow up over the past five years.  I didn't get a picture of her big sister Abbi who was there too...love these girls!

 Elizabeth and McKensie...McKensie was really working the pink and purple.  Elizabeth is rocking the pins...she is our newest Beehive.  Stacey and I went over and met with her parents tuesday night and give her her new personal progress book and birthday gift.  She is a sweet girl.  She has some challenges, but wants so much to be included and accepted.  McKensie looks out for her and helps her a lot. 
 Bonnie has the same pajamas as mine! 
McKensie got there just after about every one left.  She has so much going on in her life, I appreciate that she would make the effort to come at all.

How great it is to have these amazing ladies by my side!  Couldn't do it without them.
Tori and Emily are really cute girls.  They are really involved at school too, so I hope we won't lose them on activity nights.
Heather is a sweet girl...very eager to please and help
Stacey in her pig tails, pearls and princess clip. ( not to mention her plaid pajama pants!)  Oh and that girl in the back ground is Destiny.  I had never met her before tonight, but Bonnie said she has come out occasionally to different things.  I was really impressed.  She was really friendly and fun to be around.  We talked for a bit and she wanted to set some goals  for her personal progress.  That was pretty cool.
After we ate, we gave out prizes for different silly "P" things.  Then Stacey did a little activity with the girls where they made lip gloss, Bonnie and I started taking the girls one on one to talk about their personal progress.  It was good to get to know each of them a little better, and be able to help them set some goals.
I think the girls had a good time, and I feel like we were able to get them excited about working on their personal progress again.  whew!
I think the girls

1 comment:

Angie said...

I bet your a great president you have so many fun ideas. It can be a real challenge but I know you will be just what they need.