Thursday, September 13, 2012






Just a few random things from this week...can't believe it's almost Friday!  I could swear yesterday was Sunday! 
KC is taking an art class and he's learning watercolor right now.  He was supposed to paint something with long straight lines in it and I was looking through some old pictures and came across this one...it was from the trek last year.  One night the moon came up over the mountains and the whole meadow was bright as day.  I didn't think my camera could capture it, but it did rather well.  So many different shades of pink and blue.  Everyone came out of their tents to look at it.  Anyway, it worked for what his assignment was.  He showed me what he had learned in class and I tried to paint one too.  It looks like a first grader did it, but it was fun!


Kelley surprised me with these pretty flowers...That just makes my day!
Went  shopping a bit...found some fun things for Livy's birthday...can't wait till they get here in October!
Stacey and I went over to Taylorsville to watch Tori play volleyball.  She is such a cute girl.  That other girl is Jo Ann's grand daughter..she is only in the 9th grade and is already playing on all three high school teams.  We got to visit with JoAnn and Bridgette a little bit too.  JoAnn is one amazing lady!  She has got to be 70 years old, but she looks about half that age.  She goes to all the grand kid, and now great grand kids activities and cheers them on. She's always been someone I look up to and admire.  I think everyone feels that way about her though...one of those special people you just can't help but love.
T-ville ended up losing ( after about 6 tie breaker games) but I think they will do well.  These girls are really good!
I was so surprised and happy to see Rosemary when I went to racquetball on Wednesday.  I just had to give her a great big hug!  We have all been so worried about her...she hasn't been to racquetball for about two years.  She was always kind of skinny and frail, but then she got sick and lost a lot of weight.  She stopped coming to play, and we would hear from Ruth or Susan that she was just too weak to play.  The doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong with her either. They thought maybe she had Lime disease from tick but she went through all the testing and they couldn't find anything so they started telling her it was in her head. 
She was telling us yesterday that she finally went to a naturepathic, holistic type doctor.  He ran some different tests and told her right away that she had a parasite.  So then they did all the treatments to kill the parasite.  That part of her illness was behind her, but now her stomach is totally messed up.  She can't eat any dairy  or wheat and she is allergic to a bunch of other foods too.  She said it's  not an easy way to live, but she is just happy to be up and moving again. ( she played just as well as ever!...and that's really good!)  She had to stop after one game though cause she didn't want to kill herself off on the first day back. Anyway, it was sure good to see her.  She is a sweet friend. 


Yeah, so that happened.   That was a good one Kelley...
No, he hasn't stopped ...it's something new about every day.
Luckily, I didn't need to get into my purse for anything urgent...it took me about 5 minutes to unwrap it....one of these days...
 The squashy like plants have taken over the garden.  It's almost creepy how they wrap their little curly tentacles around the other plants and just grow right over the top of it!  I know there are pepper plants in there somewhere.  This one gourd plant  is growing some pretty cool gourds...and also these cool flowers are all over the place.






 We about a zillion little fish in the pond.    When you throw in some food, they just go crazy.  I don't know what we will do when they all grow up to be big fish...there is not room for that many fish in our pond!  The guy at the pond store...(Mr. nature man)  said he would buy them from us, so if we can catch them, maybe we will do that.

 Kelley has been getting the walls ready to paint...got all the texture put on, then the primer...now the hard part...picking the color of paint!  I am the worst decider ever. Kelley is being really helpful though...suggested we get pick a few colors we like, then have them mix up the color at home depot in a sample size amount so we could try them out on the wall at home.

This was the first bunch we brought home.  Not good....too dark, too peachy, too fleshy. 
I went back over and got three more...more neutral colors.  We both liked all three of these.  Oh dear.  I will have to sleep on it and decide tomorrow.  I'm just so excited to see this project moving forward!

 

No comments: