Monday, June 4, 2012

What a nice Sunday!  It was fun to have Candice, Curtis and his kids spend the afternoon with us.  They are really sweet kids...Benny is a hoot!


 OOOOOh oh and  we found the two Koi fish that Candice gave Kelley for his birthday!  I thought they were goners. We haven't seen them since the day we put them in the pond.  I thought for sure that the dumb ducks had eaten them.  (Sorry ducks for accusing you)  The white fish really blends in with the bottom of the pond, and I think the red spotty one must have been hiding behind the pump.  They have grown quite a bit just in the last month!  I'm sooooo glad to know they are safe! 
We have another big gold fish in the pond that really has a problem.  I will have to try to take a picture of it.  I thought it was pregnant last fall cause it was kind of fat.  But then this spring, it  was still fat.  It has just gotten bigger and bigger over the past two months.  I think it must have a tumor or something.  Can you take a fish to the vet?
It still zips around the pond like it feels just fine though,

Candice is sweet with Lizzy and is always concerned about her well being.  She will run around the yard with her and play with her.  Lizzy loves her.
We were figuring yesterday that Lizzy is 10 1/2 years old!  She lays around and sleeps a lot more, but when someone will play with her, she has the energy of a puppy.

 Kelley brought me these beautiful flowers on Friday.  They've opened up so beautiful!  I don't think guys know how much it means to a girl to get flowers.  Well it means a lot to me to know he was thinking of me and wanted to brighten my day. 
Kelley bore his testimony in church yesterday and  along with his firm testimony, said the sweetest things about me.  He said that I rescued him 35 years ago... and at the time, it was possibly true.  He was living a pretty wild life.  He always says that from the first day we met, he knew that he would turn his life around and that I was the one he was supposed to be with. Living 90 miles apart made it challenging, but he was pretty persistent in pursuing me...and I soon fell for him. (even though I was waiting for a missionary...ummm, sorry Fred)  Temple marriage was something we both wanted, so we worked  on things till we were prepared to go.  Pretty much the best thing I ever did.
Looking back over the years, we have had lots of ups and downs, joys and sorrows, good, prosperous times, and some really hard times... but all of these experiences have brought us closer, deepened our love, and strengthened  our marriage and commitment to each other.    We are in this for the long haul ( well pretty much eternity) so we want it to work.
Little things like these flowers and  his kind words are what make the journey sweet.  I'm pretty sure that over the past 35 years, he has rescued me right back.

1 comment:

Angie said...

what a sweet post glad you always get flowers:)