Monday, June 18, 2012

Things are growing...

Peas

 Beans
There are cute little  yellow squash on the squash plants and there is a full size pepper already too!  The broccoli and tomatos are looking good too! 


The chickens have gotten so big.  They eat a lot!  They get really excited when they see me coming with a bucket full of food and start clucking and bawking and flitting about.
Lizzy is having a hard time with the whole situation.  I always give her something out of the chicken bucket before I give the rest to them, but she is still very jealous and tries to stick her nose under into their cage to steal their food.  I'm pretty sure she hates them.

The raspberry bushes were really loaded this spring, but weren't getting watered, so the other day Kelley got some more soaker hose and I wrangled it through the bushes.  I came out looking like I had been in a cat fight and lost. But the watering has made a real difference and they are growing big berries now!  I picked a bowl full this morning!  So yummy! 

No comments: