Wednesday, June 13, 2012

I need to take a detour off of memory lane to mention a few things.  My heart is full of gratitude today for so many good things in my life....
In no particular order...
For my sweet son.  KC spoke in our Sacrament meeting on Sunday about coming closer to Christ.  He did a really good job.  Nothing better than that moment when you realize that your kids  "get it", that they understand, love and  are trying to live the gospel.  Bishop Light told me after the meeting that I should be well pleased with KC.  Yes, I am.
For music in my life.  We've been practicing every week for stake conference on the 24th.  These two songs we are singing are really beautiful.  Lord I would follow thee...well that one just makes me cry every time. ( had a small melt down while I was leading it in sacrament meeting last week...ahhhhh) That was mum's favorite and we sang it for the closing hymn at her funeral.
And the words to This is the Christ...well I had  to stop singing last week at practice cause the lump in my throat was so big as we sang...  "I read His words, the words He prayed...while bearing sorrow in Gethsemane;  I feel His love...the price He paid...How many drops of blood were spilled for me? This is the Christ, the healer of our souls...Who ransomed us with love divine."  Oh dear, OK, crying again.  Hope I can hold it together when we sing for conference!
So grateful for my Saviors' love and the price he paid for me!
Grateful for a healthy body.  Sometimes I don't appreciate how blessed I've been all my life to be healthy and strong.  I take it for granted until suddenly, it's taken from me or someone I love.  Then I think  "If I can just have this back,  I will not forget to give thanks every day for this blessing!" 
I was just thinking about this as I watched the wound where they removed the cancerous mole heal.  It was big and ugly and it hurt  ( and then itched)  a lot.  I followed their instructions on how to care for it religiously though and watched it heal a little bit each day.  I went in last week to have them take the stitches out.  They said it was healing well, but left some of the stitches in for another week.  It amazes me how the body works...it doesn't want to be sick and has been given divine abilities to heal itself.  I am so grateful for that!
For good friends and neighbors.  I love the warm weather and being able to be outside to visit with our neighbors.  We have really been blessed to be surrounded by some of the nicest people you could ever find. 
I had taken Kelley, KC and Jared some sandwiches the other night while they were working on the block wall and had a chance to visit with Gordon and Diane.  They are just some of my favorite people...probably the first friends we made when we moved here 25 years ago.  I remember driving down the road when our home was being built and they were turning around in the circle pulling their green boat ( the booger).  They stopped and introduced their selves and we found out they lived two doors down from us. Diane and I found out we had so much in common and we became fast friends from that day on.  Kelley and Gordon knew each other even before we moved in...they both went to Kearns High and have a history that they talk and laugh about.  They have become even closer as they served in the bishopric together.  Our families have gone on many boating/camping trips together over the years and the kids are all great friends too.
Anyway, while we were chatting the other night,  I helped her pick her strawberries. She sent me home with the plate I had taken there with the sandwiches piled high with strawberries.  I hadn't any intention of taking any of the berries, but they insisted.  I was just thinking  how grateful I was for  these good friends while I was eating a bowl of  sweet strawberries for breakfast this morning.
Last night, Kelley  and KC were down working on the wall and I hear a trimmer going out in the back yard.  I thought KC must have come home to do the lawn, but when I looked out there, it was Rick.  This guy is amazing!  He is always there with a helping hand!  The other day, the mixer ( the sad one of Gail's) just stopped working.  Kelley hollered at Rick and he came right over and fixed it. 
I couldn't even count all the times he has rescued us with his electrical and many other skills.   Plus him and Stacey are always there to support us and our kids in whatever we are doing.  They have been like family with the love and support they have always shown us.
I could  go on and on...grateful for my beautiful daughters and the friendship  and love we share... and just for the good people they have grown up to be. 
So thankful for my adorable grand kids.....oooOOOooooo I get to go visit them in a few weeks!!!!!  Love them so much!  I can't wait! 
I'm grateful for my wonderful husband...for the special man he is, for his sense of humor and how he can make me laugh every day. For the way he puts my happiness before his own.  For the way he loves me and makes me feel like a queen. 
I'm surely humbled as I think of all the good things in my life...humbled and grateful.

No comments: