Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Oh my goodness.  I want to eat him!

 Kelley is really missing these kids too.  Came home from church and he had cut this out of the paper and put it on the fridge...Sam the slammer!



I gotta get to Arizona!...who cares if it's 115 degrees!
 Is this unusual?  Saw these strange bicycles on my way to racquetball....looks so uncomfortable...hurt my abs just watching them.  Then there was this guy on a unicycle?  Does anyone actually ride a unicycle to get somehwere?
Had a good day at racquetball.  Didn't play awesome, but laughed a lot playing with Susan. 
 Tried to clean up my "sewing room"  which has been temporarily displaced because of the remodeling.  Found this piece of fabric and made a skirt!  I love to sew.  Will anyone out there give me a job sewing?   I'm not the best, but I can do the basics!  It just feels good to create.  Started to crochet a mermaid for Liv...  she is awesome!  pics coming...
Came across this as I was tidying up.  Took me back to the day when all of us girls were at that cute little flower shop picking out mum's funeral flowers.  When I think about it, there were a lot of tender mercies shown to us at this time.  We had looked at the flowers the mortuary had to offer and were not at all satisfied....the guy there didn't know anything and just gave us some books to look at.
  Not really sure where we were going to go, but on the way home we drove by this tiny flower shop....so tiny there was barely room for us to all fit in there.
We were greeted right away by a sweet lady that gave us her full attention and lots of good ideas.  She listened to us talk about mum and what was special to her.  We told her about mum's beautiful yard and how much she loved all the flowers so she knew these flowers needed to be very special.
She helped us pick out all the flowers to create these arrangements that looked just like mum.
We were picking out all the ribbons to go on the flowers and were trying to decided what to put on the arrangement from us girls...Mother didn't feel right...too stuffy...even mom...we hardly ever called her mom....it was always mum.
Miss her so.



No comments: