Monday, June 18, 2012

 Kelley had a few days off work...so we went fishing! 
I caught a big one right off the bat ( sorry it was on your pole dear!)  then we had a slow spell for a while.  We tried a few different spots, then Dan moved over to the side of the boat where I caught my fish and started catching.   He is pretty relentless in the mocking when he is catching and no one else is.  You really want to strangle him.   
We were moving to a different spot when the engine cuts out.  We were like "did you put gas in?"  "No! I thought you put gas in!"  HA!  One engine was still going so we puttered into the dock on that.  That is just Dan's luck to be able to make it into shore just as it runs out!  He's a good one to have around!
After we got gas, we decided we better spend some time and get the boat organized.  It really was a mess.  Bags and bags of lures and stuff they hadn't even opened.  So we pulled up to a good fishing spot, threw our lines in, then got to work.  I cleaned out the cubby while they got busy on the tackle boxes.  I bet they found over a hundred white curly tail  and squiddy  looking lures.  Then there were bags of other ones that were sure supposed to be just the ticket. ( banjo minnow?)  Dan sees an info-mercial and can't resist!  I suggested the yard sale again, but they threw them right in the garbage can.  ( I think they must have wanted to get rid of the evidence)    They got everything organized into separated tackle boxes and cleaned off the sink and the counter and it started looking really good! 
We noticed Dan had gone outside and was sitting on the edge of the boat looking kind of green.  I asked him what was up and he said he wasn't feeling very good.  So we headed back to the dock and called it a day.  Found out later, he was sick all night.  I had felt the same way the night before.  Hope I didn't give it to him!  (love the picture of him behind us...not sure what he's doing)

 Hmmmmmm KC....I smell a smell....Ha!  skunked!
Kelley's dad went up with Mark and Kevin over to Soldier Creek.  We talked with them a little bit over the radio.  They had a good day...caught about 20.  I'm glad Lisle had a fun time...He probably doesn't have too many fishing trips left in him.

No comments: