Friday, June 8, 2012

Finished the mermaid...shes kind of fun!  Hope Livvy likes her too!

Purdy flowers...(Ahhhh my big head was shading the  lily)  I'll have to get a better shot of these...they are so pretty.  And my yellow rose is blooming like a champ. 
That reminds me, the pink simplicity roses have all bloomed and are in need of a trimming...project for today!  They have really been gorgeous the last few weeks.  Kelley wanted to take them all out because they have reverted back to a wild state ( after a very bad freeze in the fall while they were still blooming)  They come out the next spring with tons of buds, but then when they open, they are like a little tea rose.  They are still beautiful, just different from what they were. 
 I've had those roses there along the wall for a long time and they have served me well.  They bloom several times during the summer and late into the fall.  They have survived through some scary times...(when Kelley decided to trim them with his chain saw?   really dear?)   Lots of bug infestations, and my own lack of attention to them.  They are so old, they have trunks like a small tree.  Yet they still come forth every spring with a mass of blooms that turns that whole wall pink.  It seriously makes me happy to look at them!  
They always remind me of mum too.  She helped me pick them out of the Jackson and Perkins catalog and would always ask me how they were doing.  I would take her pictures of them and we would ooooh and ahhhhhh over them like they were our children.

No comments: