Monday, June 4, 2012

The sister missionaries called me this afternoon and asked me if I could take them a few places. 
When I picked them up I could tell something was wrong with sister Abarka.  I asked her if she was OK and she said, "well, no.  It's been a rough week."  She said she had got an email from her aunt telling her that sister Abarka's mom had been in a car accident....and because she is illegal, she ran.  She was arrested later and has been in jail for three weeks. 
Oh dear.  I felt so bad for her.  She said she feels really helpless cause she can't do anything to help her mom.  My heart sure goes out to her.  It sounds like her mom is all she has. 
She is a pretty amazing girl.  She said "I know I just need to have faith to get through this hard time...I know with God help, all things are possible and He will watch over her.  Wow.

They both printed off some pictures to send to their families

It was pretty cool watching these two while we walked around walmart.  They say hello to about everyone, and if anyone will even give them a second to respond, they will approach them about the church.  They have such a sweet sincere way about them, people were really responsive.  They got a referral from a couple in the bread isle and talked with several others just in that short time we were there.  You can easily see that they have the spirit of the Lord with them.

I told her I would pray for her mom and she started to cry.  I wish there was something I could do....
Oh and something else that is very cool.  Yesterday I called Kelley's dad to see if her wanted to come over for dinner.  He said he had just got off the phone with Pat.  He said Pat told him he had been out wandering in the halls at his rehab place and noticed they were having sacrament meeting.  They brought the sacrament out in the hall to him.  He was sitting out there when the meeting ended and who should come out the door, but President Monson!  He came up and shook Pat's hand and talked to him for a minute.  Then Pat asked him if he would give him a blessing.  President Monson said yes and gave him a great blessing!  how cool is that?  and how cool is it that that is how President Monson spends his Sunday.  The people at the rehab place said he comes in there about every 4 weeks. 
If anyone needs a special blessing it might be Pat. 

1 comment:

Angie said...

that is really sad I feel bad for that poor missionary. I will have to keep her in my prayers too. That is really nice of you to take them around and support them.