Tuesday, June 12, 2012


Here's a few pictures of my growing up days from the photo albums...
Leslie and I ...you can see how people got us mixed up back then.
I had forgotten how the fish pond used to be...with that big slab of stone to sit on and watch the fish.  I wish mum was here to ask about the wire cover on the pond...was it to protect the fish?

On my baptism day in front of the old tabernacle in Logan.
I remember that day so clearly.  It was freezing cold and my bangs froze cause they were still wet.  I got confirmed the next day...I remember Bishop Olsen did it because daddy couldn't get back from doing  the milk route in time.  That was a hard thing about that job.  There were no days off.  The cows are milked every day and the milk has to be picked up and delivered to the plant....no matter what.
 The other day we were talking to Gary Seamore and he saw the milk cans in our garage.  He asked me about them and then told us that he hauled milk when he was younger and  had never missed a day either.
Anyway, I remember clearly how clean and pure  I felt after I was baptized.  After church that day I remember talking to mum about it.   I told her I wanted to always feel that way.  She said to be a good girl and try to do what is right...then I could have that special feeling.  She told me to listen for the Holy Ghost , because now I had that  special gift to help me choose the right  throughout my life.  Not sure why that memory stayed with me, but I'm glad it did!...it's come to my mind when I have to make a choice and has been a reminder to listen for the Holy Ghost to guide me.

Donette and I.  She was my best friend and we were insuperable.  We were just silly together and could always dream up something fun to do.
This was a picture mum took of the Providence Dairy Princess float. 
That's me in the bright pink!  What a fun time.  The other gals were my good friends...Lori Bindrup and Lisa Brown.


No comments: