Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Oh what do you do in the summer time...

Well the summer is flying by...(why do the warm days go so quickly and the winter months seem to drag on forever?...I think I need to live somewhere warm!)

Anyway, I've been feeling like I haven't accomplished much of anything lately... with Kelley being gone all day and missing the kids and me not having anyone to take care of, (that's what I do!) I get to feeling kind of down. It's kind of scary when you see how easily Satan can creep in and make you feel discouraged and worthless....got to work on that! I am a good person and I can do good things! There...I just needed a good pep talk. I'm alright now!

When I looked through my pictures from the past few weeks I could see that I do do stuff! Yeah!
Made me a cute blouse to wear to the temple

Finished this dress for Candice that she started about a year ago


Made Olivia some new critters... that's supposed to be a flamingo.... (so ugly it's almost cute!) and the elephant ( I thought I had given her an elephant but then remembered that I had given it to Ryder) anyway, they are on their way to Arizona



Worked in the garden pulling weeds and trimming off dead stuff



Picked a few raspberries...I think they are going to be real good this year...probably the first year they have had enough on to do anything with besides have a few on your cereal in the morning.


I planted these peas really late (strike one) then it suddenly got real hot ( strike two)
now it looks like something is eating them (strike three...your out!) nice try though



mmmmmmmm tofu
Been baking with Candice...taught her how to knead breadHelped her make a skirt..but this time she did it all her self!
Lizzy really wanted to help too! (There will hardly be any fur on that fabric)Taught her how to make pockets and put in a zipperWow! It really zips!
She is going to be a fine seamstress someday!
Just enjoyed spending time with her.


Pulled morning glory out of the roses...it's strangling them and taking over our front yard! AHHHHH! What do you do???
The roses are soooooo beautiful right now though!

Enjoying the pretty lily's in the pond. They always remind me of home...although mine can't begin to compare with the lily's in mum and daddy's pond. Theirs have huge leaves that cover the whole pond and grow giant blooms . The pond always seemed kind of magical to me as a little girl. There were frogs and snails and penny bugs and dragon flys and a gnome statue hiding back behind the flowers that I always imagined coming to life. Loved to sit there on the little bench by the pond and feed the fish and read.I repaired and refinished the wicker patio furniture. These are the before pictures...should have gotten one when it was done...it looks a lot better!
All in all, summer is good. How could I complain with all the good things I have in my life.
So much to be grateful for.
Satan...get lost!

4 comments:

Lisa - The WagonMaster said...

Paula, that flamingo is adorable! I think I'd like about 14 of them...

Seriously though, love all the crafty stuff and it seems like you're plenty busy to me!

Holly said...

Paula, how could you ever think that? You are seriously one of the most talented people I know. Always busy doing creative and nice things for people. You put most people to shame, including me!

Angie said...

I agree with the above statements! I also would like about 14 of those flamingos:)The elephant is adorable too. You could open a store and sell so much. I know how you feel about getting down on yourself. You just need to reread this blog to know how amazing you truly are! love ya

kat said...

You do stuff! Don't be silly mom, I'd be a rock star to accomplish 1/2 of what you do in a day! I'm the slacker! love you