Thursday, June 10, 2010

Strange but nice day...

I had a interesting day...one of those days that makes you go hmmmmm


Woke up to a great e-mail from K.C. What a nice way to start the day!


June 9, 2010
Hey Mom,
I like it when you write a lot, the best part of writing home isn’t writing, its reading what you guys wrote. I got to shake hands with Elder Perry on Saturday. We were supposed to just tell him our name and where we are from, so I told him I was from Salt lake and he said "Well, its still there.". He really is tall, and has big, good hand-shaking hands. I always believed that he and the other apostles were really apostles, but when he got up and started talking to us I really felt it. He started to read scriptures and explain them, it was incredible to listen to him teach. I really received a testimony about apostles this weekend. He spoke on Sunday too and asked all the youth here to read the Book of Mormon before the end of the summer. So that was a way cool experience. We had 5 investigators there to listen to him speak. So that was a way cool experience. I got a package from Michelle Moir on Thursday, she is soooo nice. She sent 4 bottles of peanut butter and a whole bunch of Reeses. Please tell her a huge thanks from me, and tell her that she is the best cousin ever. Last week we had 2 members ask us to come meet their friends and teach them the gospel. That’s really cool because here that doesn’t happen very often. And our branch president who is from Armenia had a really cool story about his family. He has been a member for 17 years and has been trying to share the gospel with them for that long, but they didn’t want it at all, they would fight and stuff when he tried to talk about it. But 2 days ago, he talked to them about the plan of salvation, and at first they were arguing, but then they started to listen, and by the time he was done, they all wanted to be baptized. They said that we learned more that just what you said, we feel like there is a fire inside of us. Can you believe it?! way cool huh? Man, I’m so excited for all of them, and for him. My companion I going home on Monday, but today is my last day with him, it’s really sad, he is a great missionary and I learned tons from him. The members really love him, so I will have to fill some big shoes, but I’m sure it will all work out. I hope your doing great, tell Nick congrats from me. And tell Brice good luck and to enjoy the MTC, it’s the easiest time of your mission.
Love you, KC


HEy Dad,

I hope that your not wearing yourself out, it sounds like your working too much. Be careful. Elder Perry said something interesting about the gospel and compared it to building, he talked about the 4 cornerstones that he wanted the youth in Moscow to build on, 1 the Savior, 2 the 1st vision 3 the book of mormon 4,the priesthood. I really like this Idea. Its all we need. I love you Dad, I will pray for the ward too.
I Love my boy!

Later I went to racquetball. It was just Keri and I there today (Ruth said Susan had hurt her hip playing on Monday night) so we got a chance to visit a lot more than we have done before. She is normally very quiet and reserved and I didn't know that much about her, but she really opened up and told me about life. She told me all about the religion she belongs to. It is called eka ( that may not be the right spelling). Sounds kind of like Buddhism, but they believe in a God or some supreme being. Had a hard time wrapping my mind around what she was telling me...just seemed very vague and undefined. It was interesting to hear her thoughts about it though. It was funny, she was saying how the leader of her church had asked her husband to take care of some buildings they owned and she thought it was a lot to ask, where they wouldn't even get paid for it! Ha! Then she said it sounds like something the "mormons" would do! I took that as a compliment!

I think her husband used to be LDS because she knew a lot about the church. She said where we (Mormons) believe we will be blessed if we do good things and live a good life, they believe in Karma. She said they believe in reincarnation and if they live a good life here, they can come back in a better situation next time. Interesting. It helped me to understand her a little bit better. I read a sign on the church on the corner a few weeks ago that made me think. It said "The way you live your life is a reflection of what you believe" I think that is very true.

Anyway, we had some good games of racquetball. She has improved a lot in the last year. She tore her Achilles tendon and had to be very patient and not re-injure it. She couldn't run at all , but she would keep coming and working on her shots She would lose every time, but just kept practicing until now she can run and has some real killer shots too.
On our second game, she hit me with the ball pretty hard. Thank goodness I had my glasses on. They made a cut on the side of my nose, but protected my eyes! It was really strange because after I wiped the blood off, and it stopped stinging, I moved my head from side to side and it felt fabulous! It was like all the tension in my neck and up the back of my head was gone! I guess I just need a good kick in the head every once in a while!

Then on the way home , I stopped at walmart. I had picked up some pictures from the photo center the day before and had set them in my purse while I got a few groceries, planning to pay for them all at once. Well they slid down in my purse and I didn't see them when I paid for the groceries. I didn't realize till I got home that I hadn't paid for them.

So anyway, I went in to pay for them. I go up to the check out stand and the girl rings them up and says "they are only one cent" I was like " no, they were like 4.50 or something". So She rang them up again and she said I just owed her one cent. I told her I didn't feel good about that and she said "well I can't take any more than that" so I gave her a penny.

Good Karma?...Blessings?...hmmmmmmmm

I had a few more flowers and vegetables to plant so I spent the afternoon outside. It was another beautiful warm sunny day!
While I was outside planting, Camille called and said Olivia was drawing a picture of Lizzy. So I sent her a picture of Lizzy (who was right under my feet the whole time I was outside...so scared of the wind!) I chatted with Olivia for a while. She has been sick with the croup for the last few days. She said she gotten a pet fish and named it Myra (of course) and a momma and a baby snail. We talked about the fish she picked out for the fish pond while she was here. She said she would come see me, Lizzy, Grampa, Chewey and the fish tomorrow. Oh I wish!

Last night Candice and Megan and Sarah came over for dinner. I got a bunch of yummy vegetables and made stir fry and rice and strawberry pie for dessert. It was fun to visit with them. They are great girls and good loyal friends to Candice.

All in all a pretty good day.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Wow you did have quite the day! I am glad your ok that sounded pretty painful!

Denise said...

You sure do keep busy!!! Sounds like you are a pretty hardcore racquetball player! That is so great! I haven't been able to play since i came down to SLC and it is SO hard! I miss it a ton. It is so good to hear about KC, sounds like the mission is going really well, you must be so proud. I definitely believe you are being blessed! :)