Saturday, June 12, 2010

Candice and I were planning on garage sale hopping this morning, but woke up with (and went to bed with) rain, rain and more rain. But that did not discourage us...we decided to go to the farmers market at Pioneer park instead.
Now Candice is a regular visitor to the festivities ...I had been there one time before...just stopped off and picked up some corn. I didn't walk around and get the full experience. Today we had plenty of time to take it all in. These are a few of the highlights...
This was a cool shop with lots of plants to put in your pond. The lady there knew all about what plants would do best in shade, sun, or small or big ponds. She had just sold the last of this cute little plant I wanted..I'll have to go back!

Tie-dyed, drum playing hippie
The sights, sounds, and smells there were...interesting?
There was one area that we would have for sure got high in if we had stayed there very long.

Aaron met us after a while and walked around with us.



Aaron got some fabulous Caribbean cheese Tequenos that he shared with me.
Dunked in tarter sauce...sooo good!
He was there pretty much to eat. This was after crepes and lemonade, and some pesto bread thing with vegetables on top. (I had a bite of that too and it was surprisingly delicious) He can seriously put the food away.


Probably the best people watching ever. It's kind of like stepping into the twilight zone. I wanted to take a picture of a guy sitting on the lawn (lots of black leather, tattoos and what looked like some real painful piercings) but from the look he gave us as we walked by, I think he may have shot me if I got my camera out, so just use your imagination, then times it by 10.
This was just one of the interesting hair colors we saw today...the others were not wearing wigs.



Candice knew the guy in the green shirt. They were a pretty good band, Sang in harmony and got crazy on the accordian.


This girl was doing some freaky tricks with the hula-hoop.


I don't know.



Cool wind chimes

Lots of dogs

This was where Aaron got the pesto, vegie bread thing. I thought it was sweet of him to pick this to please Candice. I asked him if he ate like this much. He said "no...I like meat!"






Santa Clause-baker guy in crazy pants. He was making balloon animals for the kids.
More dogs, with owners picking up their poop


I must be really out of it, I didn't know short shorts with knee high rubber boots were in style, but I saw several girls dressed like this today! It wasn't very warm either!


This guy reeeeeealy wanted to give us a ride...we were only parked about a block away though. He didn't care..."I'll drive you 20 feet if you'll let me!" He wasn't going to let up so we were sure glad when the light changed and we could move!
We had a fun time. I love the fact that Candice can find the good with any group of people...she's non-judgemental and accepting of all.
She's got about the biggest heart of anybody I know
Glad to be her mom




This is where Kelley spent his day...Camp Timberlane...don't even get me started about Camp Timberlane....those stories are for another day.
He was given the assignment to replace some windows in the buildings down there. Left about 4:30 am with Rick, Brian and Nick. Rainy, cold day.
Four good men.





2 comments:

Angie said...

Wow that is quite the experience! I had a good laugh over some of your comments. What are people wearing these days seriously!

lessdirtydirt said...

The farmers market was a riot mom! I plan to go mostly every Saturday morning and you should keep coming with me.