Monday, June 7, 2010

"And since all this loveliness can not be Heaven,
I know in my heart it is June."
Abbe Goold Woolson
These last few days have been so beautiful...sunny, and warm. And don't you love it when you walk outside and take a big deep breath and the sweet smell of the blooming flowers fills your head? I do.
I don't know if it's because we have had such a long, cold, dismal spring (yes, it was snowing last week) or if it's just me being overly emotional these past few months (thank you menopause, you may leave now) But my soul is filled with joy and gratitude for a warm spring day and the amazing world we have to live in.

Apparently mom's yard has become some sort of bird refuge. As you can tell from the sound of this video, there are lots of bird that live here! There are 3 ducks that have taken up residence right there by the pond. They've made a nest and even laid eggs. Hey why not? There's a fish dinner right there waiting for them!

Then there are the pheasants, doves, sparrows, magpies, finches, blue birds, hummingbirds, robins...did I hear a rooster in there?

This was at moms looking out her kitchen window. There were about 5 or 6 of these cutest little birds . I had never seen one like this at her house before. We looked in all of mom's bird books but couldn't find this one. Anyone know what it is? They were so bright and colorful though...

As I sat there with mother, I couldn't help but think that this was one of the way's that Heavenly Father shows His love to my mom. She sits in her house all day and either watches tv or looks out her kitchen window at the birds that come to the bird feeder. She can't get outside very well anymore, so she can't see them if they don't come to her. But they do come, and sit right outside her window. It's just a little bird, but it made her happy and brightened her day. I was humming the primary song all day...

Whenever I hear the song of a bird or look at the blue, blue sky,

Whenever I feel the rain on my face or the wind as it rushes by,

Whenever I touch a velvet rose or walk by our lilac tree,

I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world Heavenly Father created for me.

He gave me my eyes that I might see the color of butterfly wings.

He gave me my ears that I might hear the magical sound of thing.

He gave me my life, my mind, my heart, I thank Him reverently

For all His creations, of which I'm a part, Yes I know Heavenly Father loves me.








This is the fuchsia Teina gave mom for Mother's day...Gorgeous!

The flowers have really started blooming pretty in my garden too, so I took a few photo's.My sweet little yellow rose. It got off to a rough start, but I think it's going to be fine now. We went over to Kelley's dad's last night and I wished I had my camera there. Grandma's roses are amazing!!! I know she must be tending them from heaven.

I love to see the return of the perennials I have planted. It's kind of turned into more of a flower garden than a rock garden. Sorry dear...you'll have to wait for winter to see those pretty rocks again!





These are the cute pots Kelley gave me for Mother's day...got them all planted up real cute!

I do love to dig in the dirt...spent such a lovely day planting all my flowers.




First peaches for our new little tree...mmmmmmm can't wait!




Lizzy approves


We finally got the garden in on Saturday. Kelley has been pretty busy these past few months... trying to get one of the places in the shop ready to open, and totally redoing an old building in American Fork to turn it into an emissions place, and putting a new roof on Leah's house, plus trying to do his job and church stuff too. I seriously don't know how he keeps going.
He comes home cheerful and doesn't complain about how much he has to do. He always asks about my day and shows genuine interest in what I'm doing. Pretty much makes me feel like a queen. I'm a lucky girl to have a special man like him.
Hope he knows how much I love and appreciate him!
My super-man!


I went over to Lambert floral and picked out all the vegetables. I might have gotten a little out of control...there was so much to pick from and they were all on sale!
Anyway, Y'all come on over in a few months and bring your buckets...we'll have plenty to share!




A few more flowers...I love these purple ruffly Iris!





Amazing double rainbow just as we were getting home from Kelley's dad's last night.
Yes, I know Heavenly Father loves me.

1 comment:

kat said...

I know you never thought I'd say this, but I miss working in the yard with you guys. It's therapy. Dad really is super man and mom, you have an amazing green thumb and make everything bloom. you are also talking a little bit like a hick...ya'll come on over with your buckets now ya hear?! love you xoxo