Thursday, December 20, 2012


We had our YW Christmas party last night.  We met with the class presidency a few weeks ago and totally let them plan it.
They decided they wanted treats, games and white elephant gifts.  So that's what we did.  We had it at my house so it could be nice and cozy....and it was cozy!  We had 13 girls and us 4 leaders there so my family room was packed.
A bunch of the girls brought treats to share and the leaders did too, so we had plenty to munch on. 
We all had fun with the white elephant gift exchange.  We had told them to just bring something silly from home and boy we got some doozies.  Bonnie brought these leopard pants that she says were her mothers...

 This was a roll of toilet paper wrapped in duct tape
 Emily got a bag of marshmallows with a note on it...Snowman Poop
 Tori got a cake mix
Elizabeth got a cute little doll and a plastic lei.  She was real tickled with that.



 Chantell got a snowman clock.  No mercy, I stole it from her....it got stolen from me too.  oh well, easy  come,   easy go.

Decisions


 I was so glad Charity came.  Her husband was working so she brought her cute kids.  They were really good.  Her little boy is a crack up.  He's only 3 and he was walking around the house telling me he liked my decorations.  Charity says hes really into decorating this year.  He was so cute, when he  chose his gift, he got a box of tooth paste.  He looked kind of puzzled, but then was totally fine with it. I felt bad he didn't get something funner, so I stole it from him so he could pick another gift.  He chose the clock!  A future home decorator!  He was really well behaved the whole night.
 Destiny got the leopard pants stolen from her so she picked a new gift...A Ralphie doll!  So funny!  It said lots of funny things from the Christmas movie...a real collectors item!

 We ate yummy peppermint ice cream Stacey brought then played Apples to Apples.  That's a pretty fun game.  They all seemed to have a good time.  I've sure grown to love these girls.  Last week, I gave them a copy of this article I saw in the paper.  It was from the author Jasen Wright.  He gave an outline for doing 12 days of service. As soon as I read it I knew I wanted to share it with the girls.  Anyway, ever since then, the girls have been coming up to me and thanking me for giving them the invitation to do these 12 services.  They told me about some of the experiences they had had and it was pretty amazing to see how their hearts were touched.  One girl told me she felt closer to Christ and has had the best Christmas season ever because she stopped thinking about herself and tried to lift and help someone else.   Wow!  hearing those words and seeing the light in her eyes is about the best Christmas present I could ever get!


No comments: