Friday, December 7, 2012



 







 

 Thanksgiving was a pretty much perfect day.  Katie's flight came in about 11:30.  I was so glad she could be with us for the weekend.
 
We planned dinner for later in the afternoon, so  we had the whole day to bake and play and just enjoy each others' company.
 
Kelley decided this was a good day to get in the pond to clean out the pump.  It had really got clogged up and was hardly flowing.  Wow it made a huge difference!  While he was in there he caught the big fat fish.  I really can't believe this fish is still alive.  It is so strange looking...his little scales are stretched to tight over it's fat body, it looks like it's going to pop.  It's got to have a tumor or something.  It still gets around just fine though and goes after the food like the other fish.  

 After dinner  we played catch phrase.  What a hoot!  Liv was going to be my partner, but she did so good at it, she ditched me and played on her own.
KC had his friend Kim come over for dinner.  She was really great.  She played with the kids, helped with dinner and clean up and was just fun and easy to be around. 


 

Meg came over to visit for a while on Thanksgiving too. She is a sweet heart....glad to see her moving forward and happy with life.   I'm not sure how, but they ended up leg wrestling.  Camille's still the queen

A few other pics...
Kate did Candace's lashes.  They turned out real pretty.  She did mine when we were in Arizona and I have loved them!  I was afraid I'd look unnatural cause I don't have a lot of lashes and what I have is blond, so this would be a big change.  But she assured me she wouldn't over do, so I went for it.  Kate does a great job. She takes her time and is very careful to make each lash lay the right way.  When I got up to look at them, I was really tickled with the way they turned out.  Now I don't have to wear any mascara!  I love that!

The kids finally got to take a tubby!  (I will post some pictures of the whole bathroom later....it's wonderful!)   
That first night we got home, we thought we'd give it a try.  Hadn't used the jets yet so this was pretty exciting.  Kelley was teasing Olivia telling her she had to say the magic word and snap her fingers to make the jets go. 
Liv loved it cause they made lots of bubbles.  Sam was pretty scared of them and wanted to get out now!  Ha!  He was much happier to race his cars around the edge of the tub.
 I got my hair done on Monday and Camille came up to visit with her too.  She just got engaged and is so happy!  Her ring is amazing! (It was his grandmothers...how special is that?)  Her fiance came into the shop while I was there so I got to visit with him a little too.  He is a great guy.  I'm so very happy for her!

 
 Sunday after church, Olivia and I made snowflakes.  They turned out real pretty!  When we were stringing them together to hang them up, Lizzy and Rose wanted to help. Those dogs are sweet!  They got along real well while they were here.
We hung the snowflakes up in front of the big window so now I have a happy memory every time I look at them! 

1 comment:

Angie said...

glad you were all able to be together for Thanksgiving! I was really missing my family that day. Lisa got to go home so it was only me missing. Oh well at least Christmas is right around the corner!