Monday, December 17, 2012

Happy Birthday Mum! 
I know you are having a wonderful day celebrating with daddy and all your family and friends on the other side.   
 I'm kind of jealous that they get to have you and we don't.   Gosh I miss you! 
I miss your joyful loving spirit and the way you could always make me feel like things would work out the way they are supposed to.  You helped me put things in perspective and realize what's really important.  A visit with you would always leave me with a renewed and happy heart.  ( You had the same effect on everyone who knew you...I think that's why you always had people dropping by to visit) 
 I miss your calming influence in my life....When ever I was discouraged, stressed out, or worried, you would calm, cheer and encourage me.  Somehow, I felt like if you said I could do something...I surely could!  I miss being able to call you when good things happen too.  Sharing a happy moment with you always doubled the joy because I knew you were truly happy for us too.  You would always make us feel so special for any accomplishment...large or small. 
I miss just being able to talk to you...you had a great listening ear and and understanding heart.
I have a picture of you and I sitting on the couch together that I set where I can see it every day.  It makes me smile and reminds me of the lifetime of wonderful memories I have of you.  It reminds me of how very blessed I was to have been sent to the family of Del and Jean and to be raised in a happy, loving home.  It reminds me of  the great example you set for me and how I want to emulate those  qualities that made you the wonderful person you are....yup...when I grow up, I'd like to be just like you. That's a pretty tough, (impossible) assignment...  but I'm trying mum.
So even though I can't be with you to hug you and  tell you in person how much I love you and wish you the happiest birthday,  I hope that maybe, you would look down on me and just like when you were here, know what's in my heart.

No comments: