Thursday, December 20, 2012

 We got to have the funnest day last Saturday.  Making candy with my sisters has become one of my favorite Christmas traditions.
We decided to meet at Leslie's house this time.  We haven't been up there for quite a long time...I think since Eric got home from his mission!  Wouldn't you know it...after all of these mild days, we woke up to a snow storm that morning.  The roads were a lot worse down here than up in Cache Valley though so I was grateful as I drove "out" of the storm. 
I picked up Teina and it was sure nice to have that time to chat again.  I miss our times together as we made the trek to take care of mum's place.
We got up to Smithfield and neither one of us could remember exactly where Leslie lived!  We drove around for a minute in the area we thought but couldn't find Wasatch.  So I called Leslie and she said we were only a street away, just had to make a few turns and we were there.  We really need to get together more often!
We got busy on our candies and just had a fun few hours catching up on each others lives.  Then Leslie made us a nice lunch. ( Actually Alan made this wonderful soup...he's a good cook!...funny story...He had made the soup the night before, thought he would just put it outside to keep it cold...  a stray cat got into it and ate it!  HA!  So he had to make another batch)
 Oh this picture shows a little bit of Leslie's newly remodeled kitchen.  It really looks nice.  I love her cupboards.

After we packed up all the candy we exchanged our presents.  Brenda gave me this fabulous vest I am wearing...love it!  Then we went downstairs and watched home movies.  After a little bit of figuring, we got this projector Larry let me borrow, going pretty good.  We couldn't figure how to make it rewind fast though, so I'll have to ask him about that.  We found some great movies of the grand kids and some of us kids when we were little too.  We want to get them put onto a CD and Larry said he would do that for us, but we need to go through all of them first to pick out the ones we want.  That's going to take some time.
 The day went by so quick...it always does when we are having fun together.  Sure do love my sisters and I'm so grateful for the great relationships we have.  Grateful that we all want to get together and stay involved in each other's lives.  I know we are lucky to have this...not all do.
We couldn't leave without driving by mum and daddy's place.  We  pulled up into the driveway a little way, then just sat and stared.  That place is really beautiful all covered in snow.  Made my heart ache  a bit.  Boyd hasn't changed anything on the outside of the house or yard so it all looks the same...even the mailbox with D. Braegger on top.  I guess he's been working on the inside, getting it ready for thier family to move in. 
I know they won't have the same feelings about that place as we do cause they weren't raised there, but I hope they will grow to love it there too.
 








No comments: