Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Hooray! I'm finally able to get my pictures on here from my trip to Arizona! 
My blog wouldn't let me upload any more pictures, but with the help of family and friends, we figured out how to make it work! 
 
The week before Thanksgiving, I flew to Arizona to be with Camille's family.  Then a few days before Thanksgiving, we drove back to Utah so they could stay with us for a week.  Wow, so many lovely memories were made in those two weeks...these pictures don't do it justice.
This was an interesting lady I noticed while I was in line to board the plane.  I snapped a picture of her so I could quote the sword and the stone with my girls...they all got it..."Silvery voice...long purple hair...la la la la"  (she also had a dream catcher woven into her hair)
When I got on the plane, I was surprised to see my seat was right next to her.
We hit it off right away and chatted the whole flight.  I asked her where she lived and she started telling me about her sacred white buffalo ranch in Oregon.  She said they had ranches in Africa and Australia too.  At first I thought she was a little crazy, then she busted out this photo album with pictures of all of her white buffalos.  She had names for them all and told me cute funny things about each one's personality.   I asked her what they did with them, and she said they collect their fur ( can't shave them..they are sacred) as it falls out and make coats and hats and  things out of it. 
She gave me this card with her favorite buffalo on it...it's name is lucky star.  She said they also rescue white lions and tigers from places in vegas that mistreat them....(they live on the ranch in Africa)   Haaaa!  What a cool lady!
 
It had been cooler than usual in Arizona the past few days...( only high 60's!  oh dear!)  but it felt lovely to me.  I had just left a huge snow storm that left 18 inches on the ground.
Camille bundled up sam to go out.
p.s. Kellen is growing a very nice lawn in the back yard!



I brought a few things for the kids...a pinkliscious scrabble jr game for Liv...she is getting so smart and can sound out words really well.

And a fire truck for Sam.  He loves cars...or anything with wheels!

Camille has been so sick, I know she was feeling like throwing up most of the time...especially at night.  Boy, I sure remember that feeling.  It's pretty much the worst...just knowing there won't be any relief from it for a few more months  makes you want to cry.  I hope it starts to ease up soon.


 One night I watched the kids while Kellen and Camille went shopping.  They came home with all the fixings for three Thanksgiving dinners.  We divided everthing up and got it ready to deliver, then loaded up the kids in the car and went around to some families that needed some help.  Olivia was so excited and thought it was  fun to ring the door bell and run.  I love that they are showing their kids how wonderful it feels to serve others.


We got out Camille's Christmas decorations and put up her tree.  She had a ton of cute ornaments she had bought the last few years on sale after Christmas at Target.  She had a lot...I'm talking Grandma Jensen amounts of ornaments.  The tree looked really cute though when we got them all put on...not too many ornaments at all!




 Sam loved the nativity set and played with it all night.  It was sweet to see how he set it up so reverently.  Sam is NOT gentle with things (he's the slammer!)  but he set each piece in the manger carefully, then just sat and stared at it.  Kids know stuff.

 Saturday morning, we got up early to go garage sale shopping.   We picked up Kellens grandma and grandpa cause they like a good garage sale too.  I think they would have outshopped us if they would have been driving.  There are a lot of garage sales down there!  I think it must be like a hobby or just a weekly activity for them.  And Camille said this was nothing  compared to spring and summer yard sales.  We stopped at one house and as soon as I saw this car, I knew we had to get it for Sam.  It was in perfect shape and looked like new.  The guy came and showed us how it really worked.  Oh boy...it really goes! Camille bargained with them a little bit (she's really good at it....me on the other hand, not so much...I felt bad to offer less...but I guess that's how the pro's do it!)  Anyway, I got it for him for Christmas.  I was seriously giddy thinking about how much he is going to love it. 

Kate came for the weekend.  We all got our nails done and did a little shopping.
We had a real nice weekend together.  We went to Camille's church and the people there were really friendly. We went over to Kellen's folks for dinner which was real nice.  Couldn't stay too long though cause Kate had to get to the airport.  The time with Kate always goes by too quick.  Hate to see her go. 






1 comment:

Angie said...

So glad you are back I miss your blog when you are gone! Glad you had such a fun time with Camille and family. That car for Sam is so awesome!