Thursday, December 6, 2012

We took the young women and young men to temple square last night for our combined activity.  It was fun...super stressful, but fun.
The YW were in charge of this one so Stacey, Bonnie and I made Christmas cookies and I got some chocolate milk to go with it. 
We all met in the Joseph Smith building, then went down in the basement ( I didn't know that big room was there!  but it was great to have a place to eat their treats and be warm before we went out to see the lights.)  I was sure glad we had our treats before we went out because when we came back to get our dishes and left overs, that room was packed!  I guess about every other youth group in the city had the same idea!
The kids really were great...most tried to stay together, but there was just so many people there it was challenging to keep track of all of them.   We walked around  and took some pictures, then went down to where they do the story of Jesus' birth.  We waited till it started again, then moved right up in front so they could all see it.  It doesn't matter how many times I hear it, with the beautiful music and reverent atmosphere there by the temple, it really touches me.

This is a very special girl.  Mckenzi watches out for her little sister and is so  patient and sweet with her. Last night when I saw her carrying her on her back, it brought me to tears.
 That's her up in the corner.  We were talking after and she told me she has the dream of standing in that same spot with her husband on her wedding day. That took me back to my own wedding day...I remember standing in that very place with Kelley to get our picture taken.  What a wonderful day that was!  The love I felt in that sealing room as I knelt across the alter from my sweetheart...surrounded by family and friends that love us, was incredible.  I remember looking in the huge mirrors that reflect on both sides of the room as our sealer Brother Davies talked about eternal promises and blessings and getting the distinct feeling that this was the right choice.     That is my wish  for each of these girls too... to have the desire and to be worthy to enter and enjoy the blessings of this amazing temple.



No comments: