Friday, April 16, 2010

Went to Bunko last night at Cheryl's. I have to say that I sure do love these ladies and I'm grateful for the friendship we share.
I've been playing with this group (give or take a few that have joined or dropped out) for about 20 years. Stacey asked me to substitute one time and I joined not too long after that.
We've been through a lot together as our families have grown up. They all are so great to show interest and concern in what's going on with each other's lives. We have supported each other and shared in the joy's and sorrows that have come into our lives. This is a group of women that are truly there for each other.
We found out last night that Cheryl's one year old grandson has leukemia. She had pictures of him in the hospital and told us about what he was going through.... it was heart breaking. I tried to imagine how it would feel if that was Olivia. Made me want to just hold her real tight and never let anything bad happen to her. I guess that's not possible. It made me wonder though about why such hard things have to happen to little one's. They are so innocent and pure. They usually seem to be able to handle their situation better than most of the adults around them though...maybe the test is not for them, but for the one's that love them.
Anyway, we'll remember their family in our prayers.
I know people have said things about bunko groups and tried to discourage you from being involved in one but in my life it's been nothing but a blessing to be able to associate with and call these special ladies my friends.

No comments: