Monday, April 5, 2010

Holly had mentioned to me that she would like to have a bunny for Hannah so I made her this one. I put Velcro on the bunny hands so it could hold things! I hope she likes it!
I love to watch conference with mom so I chose to spend this past weekend with her. I wanted her to have a little bit of Easter sunshine and since it has been snowing all weekend, I got these tulips for her. She loved them and even sang "When you wore a tulip" for me...
"You make me cheery when you call me deary"
She seemed really good this week. Her mind was clear and she was able to get around pretty good. We enjoyed watching conference together. The talks were all so good...great reminders of how we should be living and great messages of the love our Heavenly Father has for each of us.
Love my mom!
Kelley came up Saturday morning to put up some more hand rails for mom. He put one in the hallway that made it easier for her to get to the stairs, and one in the bathroom to hold on when she gets out of the shower. She was so excited and grateful!
We went out a looked at the pond. The water has been down about a foot and a half and the lilly pots were all tipped over. I think the reason the pots were spilled was from the ducks chasing the fish around. We saw three big ducks hanging around the pond. There were a few fish left that we could see hiding in the bulrushes. It was easy to see why the water was low. The patches that had been put around on the walls of the pond from previous leakages had come loose. It's going to take some doing to get it fixed up again. Kelley suggested filling it with cement. boo.
I stayed with mom till about 11:00 Sunday morning. It was awful hard to leave her there alone. Sure wish she would just come home with me.


When I got home, Kelley had cleaned the house, gone grocery shopping and prepared a lovely Easter dinner....oh and had been busy being Mr. Easter bunny.
Kelley's dad came over about 1:30 all alone. I said 'Where's Pat?" He said Tiffany had stopped by just as they were leaving so Pat stayed with her. I called Pat and told them to both come over for dinner, so after a while they showed up too.
Lovely salad...Katie you would have been proud! Pork roast yummy mashed potatos, gravy, broccoli, corn, and rolls. And to top it off, angel food cake with strawberries and whipped cream on top! Wonderful dinner! Thank you dear! You are the BEST!
Then it was time to go hunting. I think this is the first year Mr. bunny hid them inside the house. It's been so stormy and cold lately, I was glad I didn't have to go outside to find it. I had been getting text messages like this: "You guys will still be looking for your baskets till next year! Love, Da evil Bunny." Then when I told him he would be too, he said he had already found his and was eating his goodies right then! Ha! No Way! I hid his so good, I knew he would need lots of hints to find it!
Candice and I went looking first. He did give us a hint that we would find them within 10 feet of each other, so we kind of stuck together. We looked all through the house, then ended up downstairs. I was looking in the closet down there by the water heater and happened to look up. I saw the bottom corner of Candice's basket in the ceiling. I didn't say anything and kept looking for mine....within 10 feet of her's.
I looked in the other closet and saw Olivia's little lady bug costume hanging there. It looked extra puffy, so I took it down and looked inside it and there was my basket! He had given me the sweetest book about being a mother and a cd of the Tabernacle choir singing songs about the Prophet. Love it!!
So now Candice knew her basket was close by and looked everywhere possible but up. I finally told her she needed to look up. She saw that little corner of it up in the closet and tried to get it out, but couldn't reach it. She got the laundry basket and stood on that but still couldn't get it out. There was a board in front of it so there was no way to get it out. This is evil bunny at his best.
So we tried to figure out how to get at it. Had to take out a piece of the ceiling to get it down!
He was quite proud of himself. We put a little money in Candice's basket. She has had a kind of bad run of luck financially lately. She didn't want any candy...just a bag of carrots! Seriously!
Now it was Kelley's turn to find his basket. Candice and I got a lot of pleasure out of watching him look and look and look!



He finally found it in K.C.'s closet. Ha! Mrs. Easter bunny is not too bad at hiding baskets either! We were thinking about some good hiding places of the years past. We decided one of the best was a couple of years ago when K.C. had the idea of hiding Kelley's basket in the garden. He pulled back the black cloth stuff and dug a big hole. We put his basket in a big plastic bag and put it in the hole. then pulled the black cloth back over the basket and you couldn't even tell the ground had been disturbed. We pretty much had to show him where it was! Ha! That was a good one!
We had a nice day although I was sure missing the rest of our family. Easter was kind of strange without any little one's around. I bought a box of egg dye, but didn't really feel like doing it. Only put out a few of my bunnies...nobody to play with them.
I was doing pretty good until Saturday night when I was talking to Kate on the phone and she told me they were going over to Kellen's parents to color eggs for their egg hunt on Easter. Got to feeling pretty sorry for myself. and had a small melt down at Walmart.
I know I have been very blessed to have my family around all the time ...a lot of people don't... so I can't really complain. It's just kind of hard because that is where my joy lies...in my family. There is nothing that makes me happier than just spending time with my family. We have always had a great relationship with each one of our children and truly enjoy being together. I hope that someday we will live close enough to be able to spend lots of time together. Visits are nice but it's not like being able to just do the everyday things together. I miss that. I know that this is the way things need to be right now...I admire Kellen for working so hard at school so he can get a good job and take care of his little family. He is doing really well. Camille is doing really good too and is making the best of their time in Arizona. I'm going to quit my moping and try to do the same. I've got so much to be thankful for...especially today when we ponder and give thanks for the most precious gift the Savior gave us of the atonement... that makes it possible for our family to be together forever!

4 comments:

kat said...

Hey mom, buck up little camper...You should visit the sunshiny states where the frost doesn't kill the bunnies! I missed the devil bunny and would have flown in if I knew he was giving away money!!! Don't be sad, k? come visit us!

Colleen/Grandma/Mom said...

Well stated, Paula! Being a grown-up has its rough spots . . . I have to tell myself Nancy's quote almost every day: "Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape." We would love it if our kids weren't scattered so far apart, too! We just began video chats--they're pretty fun. I recommend them!

Angie said...

I am glad you got that evil easter bunny! I feel the same way on holidays its hard to be away. Its great how well we get along with family. I will be seeing you in a month for Phils wedding! YAY:)

Holly said...

Hi Paula! Thanks again for that cute little bunny. Hannah does love it! I always remember you guys hiding your baskets. What a fun tradition.