Friday, April 9, 2010

That's life

Last night we went to Nikki's wedding reception. It was down in Orem at a country club. Candice came over after work to go with us. She has had a rough couple of days.
One of her cats has been acting unusual... been peeing in strange places and she noticed he had lost a lot of weight. She took him to the vet and he told her straight out that her cat was dying.
He said it was either leukemia or liver failure, but wanted to run a bunch of tests.
He told her to just take the cat home and keep him comfortable till she could see he needed to be put down. Poor thing. She loves her cats so much. She says now she can understand why grandma doesn't want to get another cat...it just hurts too much when they leave you.
Anyway, we were driving along and all the sudden hear a noise that sounded like a pop...then thump thump. I look over at the lady in the car next to us and she is pointing at our tire, so we pull over quick. Dang! flat tire! I have never had a flat tire before...how crazy it that?
I was so glad Kelley was there. He got out and went right to work on it.
I was grateful that it was a fairly pleasant evening after all the snow and cold the past few days.
Kelley and K.C. had changed a flat tire on this car and he said it was quite the process. First you have to get the tire out. I didn't even know where it was! HA ! Up under the car! But first you have to unlock this secret lock on the back of the car the opens up this little hole that you put this long piece of metal (that you first have to assemble) into and turn it till the tire amazingly is lowered down to the ground. I was pretty impressed with Kelley's skills. I asked him how he knew how to do that and he said they read the instruction book! Really? I'm quite sure that must have been K.C.'s idea. Kelley is seriously mental about reading instructions unless it's the last resort.
This is the secret hole that has to be opened with the special key to release the tire. I know I am just a dumb girl, but seriously, who invented these thing...James Bond?

Candice showing Kelley instructions on where to set up the jack. This jack looked so flimsy, I didn't think there was any way it would hold up the car! Kelley told me not to say anything bad about the jack or call it names until he was done changing the tire. bad Karma


It actually worked like a charm.





Tire changed in record time.
Kelley you are my hero...in so many ways.
It was great to see the Larsen family and several old friends. Nikki looked gorgeous and very happy! I just love their family so much. Can't hug Steve and Sherrie without crying...I miss them so bad. There's some things in life that you just can't change and have to deal with. They are a great example to me of how to handle what life throws at you with a great attitude and by doing the best you can with the circumstances you are placed in.
P.S. Thanks to Ackers for coming back to help out when they passed us on the freeway!

2 comments:

Angie said...

I feel so bad for candice what a blow to have that happen to her cat. I know how much she adores them. Denise is the same way. I am glad Kelley was there too. I would have just sat there I dont know how to do that :(

kat said...

Good thing you 2 girls were there to take pictures and point to the diagrams! I love you guys! I wouldn't have had a clue what to do, so I probably would have just danced around the car or something...i love dad!