Sunday, April 25, 2010

I have been having the strangest dreams lately. Usually I can't remember what I dreamed, but these dreams have stayed with me.
A while ago Dave Despain said something in Sacrament meeting about writing down your dreams or any thoughts you have in the night so you can recall them the next day. I could write some good horror novels if I wrote down some of the things that go through my head in the middle of the night. (Things always seem a lot worse than they really are! )
Anyway, I thought I would write about my dream last night...it seems like it may have some meaning.
It involved two of my really good friends from my childhood. Donnette was there and so was Shiree. We were at high school, but we were the age we are now. We were sitting on the front steps out there at Sky View. We were talking about how we all wanted to go skiing. I said I couldn't really afford to go and Shiree said she would buy my pass.
Now I was driving up to the ski resort. I was all by myself in the jeep. When I started out, it was a nice sunny day, so I was just wearing a t-shirt and a skirt and sandals. But as I drove up the mountain, it got colder and colder and started snowing. When I was about half way there, I realized I had forgotten my skis. I thought, well I can always rent them when I get there. Then the roads became all snow packed and slippery...I was sliding all over the road. I wasn't really afraid though. I was spinning in circles and people were driving past me laughing and pointing at me. I was laughing too and wasn't really worried or bothered by it. Then I thought, why hadn't I put it into 4 wheel drive? So I did and my tires changed into these giant tires like on the monster trucks or like a cartoon. They had these claws on them that dug into the snow and I took off and zoomed by all the people that had been laughing at me. The road was getting steeper and steeper until it was like going up the mountain to where the Grinch lives, but I made it to the top in just a few seconds.
I started wandering around at the ski resort, looking for Shiree so I could get my lift pass. I was wishing I had her phone number so I could call her. I saw a lady from our stake and started talking to her. She was wearing the prettiest silky flowery dress. I asked her if she was going to ski or if she was just there to look cute. She said It doesn't really matter what you wear when you ski...it's just so great to be able to ski! You have to enjoy the experience!
She told me she had seen Shiree a while ago, but she had gotten tired of waiting for me and had gone off to do one of the hardest runs on the hill. I started feeling really bad that I hadn't gotten there quicker. I got in this long line of people waiting to get on the ski lift....Corrinne was in line a little ways up from me. I started hollering to her, trying to explain why I hadn't gotten there any sooner, but she didn't turn around. It was like I was invisible now and no one around me could hear or see me.
I heard Lizzy shaking her jingly collar and my eyes flew open. That was one of those dreams that I was glad to wake up from. Still had that icky feeling that I had at the end of my dream ... one of those un-prepared, should have tried harder or something dreams. Kelley came in and I tried to tell him about my dream. He is always sweet to listen to me ramble on with my crazy stories. (I should probably keep some of them to myself... I usually get texts later from the girls teasing me about weird things that I had told Kelley about my dreams....) I don't mind...they are pretty bizzaar! I'm going to be thinking about this one though...I felt like I am supposed to learn something from it. hmmmmm. I may need a psychiatrist.

1 comment:

lessdirtydirt said...

I hate those ones where you're trying to get somewhere and it takes forever and you don't have all the things you need. I do think that means something!!