Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I've been in one of those clean it out- fix it up- spring cleaning moods lately. I know...I can just see Kelley cringe when he walks through the door and I say"'I'd like to move things around a little bit" And when I say "I".... I mean YOU. He has got to be the most patient man ! No...he HAS to be the most patient man to live with me!
Kelley: "Where do you want the couch to be?"
Me: " I'm not sure...just not there. What do you think?"
Kelley: "I don't care, I'll put it where ever you want"
Me: "OK, let's put it in this room, but first you will have to take out the futon"
Kelley: "Where do you want the futon?"
Me: "Back where it was before we put it here a few weeks ago! Don't worry, I'll help you!"
He just kind of smiles and I know exactly what he's thinking ( 'just stay out of my way and that will help me!')
That was only the beginning... we moved a big dresser up from K.C.'s room to our bedroom. Two flights of stairs, plus twisty-turney around the corners. This was definitely a two MAN job. I tried to help lift it from the bottom, but Kelley mostly pulled it up the stairs from his end. He is amazingly strong....and patient.
Anyway, while I was waiting for Kelley to get home to help me move stuff, I decided to clean out K.C's old room . He is kind of a pack rat and saves everything! There were several big bags and boxes of things he had collected clear back from when he was about 5. It was really fun to look through all of the things that have been special to him. Brought back a lot of great memories of him growing up. There was all of his old scout things... pinewood derby cars him and Kelley had made together, all his pokymon cards, basketball player cards, stories he had written for school, paintball and skateboard stuff, He had a picture of his old iguana, some of it's old food, every kind of nintendo, x-box, game cube, and lots of games, fishing lures (some he made himself!) and magazines, Old music cd's...interesting to see how his taste in music changed over the years. He had papers and handouts from primary and young men. (He was blessed to have wonderful teachers and leaders that influenced his life!...I was thinking about this as Kelley and I went to Linda P. father's viewing on Sunday night. She was a great primary teacher for K.C. and Candice.) He had lots of pictures and equipment from when he became interested in photography...which he still loves.
Anyway, when I came across this picture of Him and Kassidy, I thought it was kind of sweet that he had saved it...it brought back a lot of great memories. Kassidy has always been a good friend to him, even when they moved , there has been a special bond from all the time they spent together. When Marsha lived here, we would do lots of things together...which brought K.C. and Kassidy together too. From fabric and boutique shopping, to swimming in the little pool in the back yard, or raging waters, giving perms, birthday parties, to being drug along while Marsha and I did our primary work (we were in the presidency together) halloween parades to vacations and then always, Newport Beach.
Ahhh sweet memories!...those were happy times!

No comments: