Thursday, April 15, 2010

I've been putting together a few things to send K.C for his birthday...
Had another strange dream last night (not as good as the one the night before where I was on Noah's ark) that involved talking to Glen Campbell, trying on shoes on the side of the road with Marsha and making this pillowcase. I thought I'd go ahead with the pillowcase idea.
These are his latest emails. I don't know what we ever did to get a kid like him.
Must have been something good.
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 15:23:15 +0400
Subject: Re: still cold
From: kelley.jensen@myldsmail.net
To: jkj51156@hotmail.com


Hey Dad,
How are you doing?
Things are going really well here. A couple weeks ago it suddenly stopped snowing and got way warm. It has been like 50 or 60 lately and all the snow melted. My comp and I went to our branch building and cleaned up the yard there. It was hard work, there were tons of leaves, but It felt sooo good to work hard with my hands again. In the big city we don’t get tons of chances. It turned out nice. Im glad to hear that the Easter Bunny didnt have any mercy this year. The Ceiling? NIce! I bet she looked for ever.HAHAHA. We will get to watch Conference on the Sat and Sun so that will be way awesome, I am going to try to invite as many investigators as I can. What a great opportunity to show them that our Prophet really is inspired by God. Good Luck with all of you Bishopric stuff, I actually had a really cool opportunity to interview a girl this week who has been waiting to be baptized until she turned 18 because her parents wont let her. ( Did I tell you I was district leader? When President Cranney had me train he made me District Leader too, so Its my responsibility to interview Baptisimal Candidates.) It was probably one of the most spiritual experiences that I have ever had. She was so ready to be baptized and the spirit was so strong as we bore testimony of our savior and the righteous choice she was making. It was really incredible. I was so nervous to do the interview, but I would gladly do another. I love you Dad.
Elder Jensen
Ps. Been fishing yet?

Hey Mom,
I hope you had a wonderful Easter, mine was great, we tried to dye eggs using an onion peel, because someone told us it worked. It just turned them the color of those brown eggs. I took pictures but I forgot my camera today, next week. The reason I had a good Easter was because I was fasting that day and I decided to read in Jesus the Christ about the Resurrection to get the full picture. I learned so much and it really strengthened my testimony that He really was resurrected. I really just felt it so strong that there were no longer doubts in my mind. I am so grateful for the scriptures, its just like you said, we weren't there but we can feel the truth of the things that did happen. I had the coolest experience interviewing a young lady for baptism this week, I have probably never felt the spirit so strong. I really knew that she was ready and that the choice that she was making was righteous. We also had a great opportunity to talk to some of the youth of our ward about going on missions, we have some really great young men who are getting ready to go. We also had one of the inactive men we have been working with come to church on Sunday and he even paid his tithing, so that was way awesome. Thank you Grandpa for your support your so great, I love you. I got a package from Hatsumi and it had a bunch of letters from my friends in it, it was so nice to hear from them. Could you call her and tell her that I got her package and I'm very very thankful for it. And tell her and my friends hello from me. Oh and I got a Package from a girl named Marie too, please tell Hatsumi to tell her thanks a ton from me too, and that letters are being written back to them . I hope you have a great week, I love you
Elder Jensen
Hey Mom,
It sounds like you had a nice week, we had kind of a weird week. We had tons of conferences, we had zone conference Thursday and then interviews with president Cranney, then on Saturday and Sunday we watched Conference. It was a really inspiring week, just a little different. I really enjoyed watching Conference, it was an interesting experience because I really felt like I was just like thirsty for the words of the prophet and when he was talking I just loved it. I have never felt such a need or desire to hear from the Prophet. I noticed that just about every talk was related to families in some way. It made me realize that they really are the most important thing that we do here, the work we do in our homes is the most important. I wanted to thank you guys for the way that you raised me, I am so thankful that I was taught the gospel not only by your words, but how you lived your lives. I feel so privileged to have you as my mother and Dad as my father. I’m glad that you talked to Hatsumi, she’s great, I was thinking about it the other day and I have a friend that is coming home in September, that’s like 5 months away. Its soo crazy how fast time is flying. I have been gone for 9 months tomorrow. Can you believe that?! Got to use every minute. I’m sorry, i don’t know my size exactly, but the number 16.5 comes to mind, if that makes any sense. I liked the ones from the distribution center, they were just distribution center brand. They are really thin, but I like them. And also if you are going to send a package, could you send me a couple of rechargeable AA batteries and a charger? My camera drinks batteries like I drink strawberry shakes from McDonalds, or like Candice eats brussel sprouts...so pretty fast. And also if possible those measuring cups and maybe some crest white strips. And then I would be absolutely content. Thanks. When we were at conference a member came up stairs where we were watching in english and told us there were two guys down stairs who wanted to be baptized. So we ran down and sure enough there were two guys that had taken the lessons a long time ago but were never baptized and they came to ask to be baptized, so we explained we need to meet a little while first, and then you can. So that was pretty exciting. I love you Mom.
Hey Dad,
Hows it going? That is way neat that you got one of the places rented out, I’m glad to hear that. That’s too bad you haven’t been fishing yet, fish in Russian is "reeba". I see guys fishing the Moscow river pretty often, Ill have to try it some P day, or maybe I could make some sort of contacting approach from fishing, we could convert a couple of fishermen. That would be sweet. We are doing really well, these are probably my last few weeks in this area, I’ve been here for almost 6 months. It will be sad to say goodbye to all them people I’ve grown to love, but that’s part of the work, you only get so long in each area. As far as I know Aleksei is still being baptized on Saturday, so that is way exciting, as soon as I get a picture of it I will send it to you. I love you Dad, I will pray for you for your talk. You’ll do great, I just wish I was there to make faces at you... and maybe kick mom’s shoe of. I kinda miss that.
Love Elder Jensen
Date: Wed. 7 Apr 2010

No comments: