Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Ok, I don't mean to be dramatic or anything butI think I almost just got struck by lightning. Susan and I had heard some pretty loud thunder while we were playing racquetball and it was just starting to rain a little bit when I came out of the building.
It was kind of strange because it was cloudy all over but one little spot and the sun was just shining down through this hole in the clouds. I thought, "well that's pretty cool looking" .
I got in the car and was just reading a text from Camille when there was this big flash of light and the loudest crack! There was a huge explosion at the top of this electrical pole. I instantly felt a tingely shock in my hand that was holding the phone. I dropped the phone and screamed. There was a guy in the parking lot that was pretty close to this pole that the lightning hit. He went down on his knees and I thought he was hit. I started to get out of the car to go help him, then he stood up. I was like "are you ok?" He said "ya just scared...it shocked me!' I said "Me too!"
I had to sit in the car for a few minutes before I was calm enough to drive home. Sure glad I'm not dead!
You know how when we pray for safety and protection every day...hmmmm, ya, thanks for that.

4 comments:

Colleen/Grandma/Mom said...

That happened to me once--and it is really frightening. We're all glad you're not dead, too!

stacey said...

so is your hair curly now??? Wowsers batman...glad your okay!

Camille said...

Remember when I was in a tornado on i15 and no one believed me but it was on the news thAt night?

kat said...

Mom, please call me when events like this take place. Thanks, Management