Wednesday, April 26, 2017


A few random things...
A couple of weeks ago we got to have Joann and Colleen at our church.  Oh how I miss these dear ladies!  Joann moved away years ago, but has been good to stay in touch with all of us ladies from the old 4th ward.  And Colleen is  wonderful at sending texts or emails, and keeping us up to date on the goings on of the old bunch. Or she'll send us something from the internet or something she's heard about that she thinks we would be interested in. I really don't know how she does all she does and is always looking out for everyone else too!  Amazing lady!  We had such a special group of ladies there in the 4th ward and basically went through all of our kids growing up years together.  That forms bonds that will last a lifetime.
We got the better end of the deal when they reorganized the stake and dissolved the ward because most of the women moved to the new 6th ward with us.  There was a handful left there that were added onto the third ward though and it's an understatement to say it's been rough for them.  It is an older area with older people.  Just sayin, Colleen and Greg were the youngsters in the ward!  They are amazing though and have made the best of it.  Greg is the bishop now and I bet he is great at it.  There's not a kinder man around.
Anyway, Joann's family are all married and live all over the country now so she travels quite a bit to visit them. As she was visiting family in Utah, her plane trip home was delayed a day, so she chose to spend the day with old friends. It was so good to talk to her.  She's one of those special people that does so much, gives so much, is super talented in many ways, but is probably the most humble person I know. 
After relief society, we grabbed a few of the ladies from the old 4th ward that were still there visiting and took this picture.  There were a lot of other women in other organizations and ones that had left already that we missed out on, so I felt bad about that, but was glad we got a few of the oldies together.  Oh my, where have the years gone?

!
 We have been having the strangest weather this spring.  It got really warm early in March...like 70's.  All the flowers came up and bloomed, we were barbecuing and enjoying warm evenings on the patio and life was good!  Now it has turned cold again!  I mean really cold!  It snowed yesterday in the valley!!! and there seems to be an endless stream of storms coming across Utah that are forecast to bring more rain, snow, and cold temperatures!  BOOOO!  
We went to J&J Gardens the other day and got  a bunch of tomato plants and other vegetables and we've had to cover them every night to keep them from freezing! (not planted, just waiting for warmer days)  
Anyway, we had never been to J&J before but now it's our new favorite place!  I heard an add on the radio about their "Big" tomato plants for a great price so we drove up to Layton to check it out.  The plants really were big!  Plus everything else was really reasonably priced too. We got all of our vegetable plants there too and they look super healthy.   We also got a cute water plant for the fish pond too that I'm pretty excited about.  I'll take a picture of it soon.

 Just a few shots of the pretty tulips and such...can't help but sing "When you wore a tulip, a big yellow tulip and I wore a big red rose!" when I see these!  Oh great, now I'm missing my mom and my sisters so much!  We haven't been able to get together for such a long time!  I think it's been since January! We keep trying, but it seems like there's been a lot going on the past few months.  Teina had surgery on her feet and it's really been a long hard recovery.  Leslie has been sick too and Brenda has been  snowed in, or visiting her kids or they've been at her house.  We've missed Teina's birthday and now Leslie's is next week! Going to get in touch with them today and plan something!  
Oh man I really am  rambling all over the place!  Ha!  I think mostly, I'm just avoiding doing what I should be doing which is preparing the lesson for Gospel Doctrine this Sunday.  That's right...I'm teaching Gospel Doctrine. My worse nightmare!   Martha asked me to fill in for her because she was going to be out of town.  She already got me with the "are you going to be here next week?" and I stupidly said yes. Then there was no excuse to get out of it except for maybe getting hit by a train or getting food poisoning which are both sounding better and better all the time.
 This is my favorite thing to see in the yard!  Love it when she comes by!  So does Lizzy.  Candice always takes time to play with her.


 The lilac bush was really something this year!  We took a  small start from Kelley's folks place when his dad died and they were getting ready to sell the place.  It has taken several years to grow into a nice big bush and make these heavenly blooms!  I can't get enough of them.  They fill the whole house with that yummy fragrance.  I just wish they would last longer!
 We took a nice bouquet of them to the cemetery on Sunday afternoon.  I think Grandma would approve.





No comments: