Sunday, April 23, 2017

We sure were blessed when this sweet couple moved in next door to us.  They are the kind of people who are just instantly friends. 
Toby wanted to go down to Mapleton with Kelley to get the last load of wood from the barn so I offered to keep the kids while they went.
It was kind of cool outside but Talon wanted to ride his car around so we bundled up (I may have lost babysitting privledges for putting the pink bunny sweater on Macai) and we went out to play. 

Talon is such a funny little guy.  Super smart.  He is checking the engine on the car here to see if it needs a tune up.  Ha!

 


The baby was pretty good till he got tired, then he was real fussy.  I tried rocking him to sleep, bottle and laying him on our bed.  He was't for having it and would just climb right off the bed.  He needed his own crib.  I fed him some food and a few cheerios and while he was sitting there in the little high chair, he laid his head down and was out. Ha!  I got him out as careful as I could, snuggled him for just a minute, then laid him on a blanket on the floor in my bedroom.  He had a nice long nap after that!


A couple days later, I was out pulling weeds in the rock garden.  Talon was out jumping on his new trampoline and hollered at me over the fence"what you doing Paula?"  I told him I was going to plant some seeds in the garden.  He said " I want to help you!"  Kelley was just tilling up the space we were going to plant seeds so I told Talon I would come get him when we were ready to plant.
So when we got the ground all ready to plant, I went and got Talon.  He was so excited!  
He was very careful and put the little peas right where I told him.  Then he helped me cover them up and water them.


 Talon does not like to be dirty so this was a big stretch for him to get his shoes muddy.  He was fine once we squirted his shoes and feet off with the hose though.  I think my favorite thing was while we were planting, we were talking about what makes the seeds grow.  I told him they needed sunshine and water.  Later when Toby and Michelle came over to get him, Talon wanted to tell them all about what he had been doing.  He asked them "You know what seeds need to grow?...sunshine and water!"  Ha! I didn't think he was paying any attention to what I was saying!   Made my day!
 Michelle has been such a sweetheart to do all these  shirts, sweatshirts and hats for Raw Restorations. She is super talented and creative and just came up with some of these cute ideas on her own!
Kelley and Toby are always working on some project together and when their not, Toby just comes over to shoot the breeze or to bring Talon over to play.
No one could take the place of my wonderful grandkids, but I love how Heavenly Father brought these cute kids into my life to ease the ache I have as I miss my own.

No comments: