Saturday, April 1, 2017

So fun just doing every day things with the kids...
The chickens have started laying eggs again, even the brown hens! Yea!!!  We had about given up on them and were ready to make them into soup!

S

 Stacy gave us the Pie Face game for Christmas and the kids loved it!  




 We started playing Rumicube and couldn't stop.  Liv played with us and did really well!
 Pedicure with all my girls doesn't happen very often and was so much fun! Love spending time with them! 



 Liv helped me make rolls one day...she did the whole process...rolling, cutting them out, dip in butter and fold!


 Em mostly likes to eat the dough.




 This is that dessert I was telling you about!   It's just a meringue that you bake till it's really light and dry, then top with yummy fruits (I think the passion fruit is the key...so good!) and whipped cream on top.
 We had a little barbecue Friday night with Toby and Michelle.  Toby always has these fun lawn games that he brings over.  The kids loved this Jenga game!



 hmmmmm We could make that!

 Kelley did some chicken on the grill, I made some rolls and potato salad. Toby did this fancy bacon wrapped cheesy pork thing that was just amazing!  Michelle made some artichokes and asparagus that were a big hit too!

 Kids playing hide and seek
 I made some brownies too cause I didn't know if the kids would appreciate the Pavlova.  Michelle brought over some vanilla ice cream and everyone was happy!
 How lovely to have a wonderful warm evening this early in March! 
's
 This was early Sunday morning.  Camille and her bunch were heading home so I had to say goodbye before we went to church.  Liv and I had one last song together on the ukuleles.  (We had learned a bunch of new chords a few days before when we were trying to play a song but couldn't come up with some of the chords, so we googled it and found everything you ever wanted to know about playing the uke!  I love technology!)
I got some good snuggle time with Jonas and Em too. 
Then when I was in church I get this voice message from Sam.  "That was the best field trip in my life!  Thank you grandma and grampa!"  
That little Sammy is something special.  Totally cheered me up and got me through a rough day!

No comments: