Monday, April 24, 2017

Easter this year was such a nice day.  I was sure missing these kids though and wishing we could all be together.

 We had such a fun afternoon hunting for Easter baskets.  Easter bunny was at the top of his game this year.


 The back yard is so full of wood right now!  It made for some excellent hiding places.  Interestingly, the bunny didn't hide any there.  
 KC found a basket in the lawnmower bag but it wasn't his.  Candice saw the whole thing and scored!

 Kate's was the best though...Kelley hung it over to Tobys side of the fence and tied it with a rope.  When we got home from church, Toby hollered over the fence at us.  He showed Kelley and I the basket that his dogs had helped their selves to! Ha!!! They had got the plastic eggs out and chewed them up and got the candy out. Luckily, I had forgot to put the fancy protein bars in her basket.  They would have liked them!  We fixed it up and refilled it and Toby promised to not let his dogs out.
  Katie looked and looked and we were doing the hot cold thing and she still wasn't finding it.  She finally asked "Is it in OUR yard?"  Kelley said "not technically"  Then she looked over the fence and found it!  Ha   


I think she wanted to punch the Easter bunny

 KC couldn't find his either but with a few hints, ended up here at this tree.  He looked high and low and still couldn't see it.  We just didn't realize the extremes he would go to!  Kelley told him to keep looking so he went around the back of the tree and there it was.  But you had to have a ladder to reach it!  Ha!  I wish I could have seen Kelley hiding these in his suit! (he came home during Sunday school...very sneaky)


Had a nice rubikub tournament which KC dominated. Then they all helped make a nice dinner.  
I'm so grateful for these amazing people, Camille and her cute family and my good husband. They are everything to me!  They are each so unique and different, yet they love each other with no bounds.  They are always there to support and lift each other up or to help each other get through the hard times too.  The relationships we have with each other mean so much to me!  I know we are so lucky and I thank Heavenly Father every day for giving me this bunch!  Easter day has been a sweet reminder to me of my gratitude for the Atonement which makes it possible to be with my family forever.  We sang the most beautiful song with the choir in Sacrament meeting today.  It was called "It was for me"  I knew I was going to have trouble cause I couldn't get through it in practice either. I had to stop singing several times because my emotions were over the top as we sang about the priceless gift the Savior has given each of us.

No comments: