Tuesday, April 4, 2017


Just a few things from this weekend...
Conference was amazing!  So many good messages that I need to use in my life.  It was wonderful to hear from President Monson.  He gave two talks that were short, but wonderful messages on kindness and love.  There were several talks this time about being more kind and accepting of all people.  I have been in a few situations lately where I've seen people being so judge mental and critical of others, and it makes me so sad. None of us know what other people are going through or have gone through to get to that point and also who are we to judge?  
Anywho... there's my rant for the day.
it was great to have KC come over and  spend Saturday and  Sunday with us. Saturday afternoon, Candice text us that she had had a flat tire up on the freeway.  She had road side assistance coming, but they wouldn't be able to get there for quite a while, so Kelley and KC went to the rescue.  Her tire had blown out while she was in the fast lane, so she had to move clear across all the lanes to stop (so glad she was safe in doing that!) but it destroyed her tire. So they put on her spare tire and Kelley took the other one up to Les Schawb.   
Toby and Michelle came over to visit between sessions too. I love when they come by with the kids, they are like our adopted family.
KC was able to go to the afternoon session on Sunday with Taylor but he came back for dinner after.   Playing a couple games of Rummikub with him after dinner just made my day.  I think he knows how much I like to do that so he brought up the idea.  He's just thoughtful and sweet like that. Sure am blessed to have him for my son.


 Candice wasn't feeling very good on Sunday so we missed seeing her but she came over yesterday.
I love how she always wants to play with Lizzy, pet the chickens and look at all the things that are growing in the yard.  She is a girl after my own heart.  I love sniffing the lilacs and blossoms on the trees.
I get so excited when I see all the new little shoots and buds getting ready to open...spring (although it's very cruel, teasing us with the 70 degrees one day and 30 and snow the next) always makes me so happy and brings me hope for new beginnings and warmer, brighter days!





 This is my peony bush.  I was so excited to see all the buds!  Definitely the most beautiful flower in the garden!
 A few gems we found looking around in the rock garden....a pansy that survived the winter in a pot I planted last summer.  They really are the toughest, sweetest little flowers! and what about these eggs? 
I have no idea who they belong to....bird? snake? 




No comments: