Wednesday, May 7, 2014

 
I am quite a bit behind here, but the past few weeks have been pretty great. 
These are a few pictures from KC's birthday. 
Candice and I were thinking we should plan a surprise party for him so we contacted Hatsumi and Taylor and had them invite their friends. ( Can I just say how grateful I am for my dear Candice?  I just don't know what I would do without her!)
This was KC's last day of finals.  It had been a super stressful week for him...well more like a stressful semester.  I have never seen anyone study like he did.  From the moment he got home from school, till he went to bed, he was studying.  That last week, he even got up early to study before he went to school!  Taylor was having a hard time with his math class, so he would come over to have KC help him with his problems.  I felt bad for him...he tried so hard to get it but really struggles with math.  Anyway, KC had his last final on Wednesday, and he did real well.  I sure do admire him for his desire and commitment to do well at school. ( among many other things)
So KC said he wanted to go to PF Changs for dinner.  I had gone earlier and picked up some cakes and ice cream and balloons and had made a German chocolate cake (his favorite).  I hid them away and he never suspected anything. 
We had a real nice dinner (PF Changs is always delish!)  Then kind of dawdled around so we would get home after the time we asked people to come.  When we drove up the street, there were no cars anywhere in sight.  Then when we walked into the kitchen, it was silent.  Candice and I looked at each other like "oh dear, no one came!'  Then everyone jumped out from the living room and yelled surprise!  All of his old friends were there and lots of friends from his singles ward  came too.  It was so good to see everyone.  The bunch of guys that used to hang out together have all grown up and kind of gone their own ways now, so it was great to see them all together again.
I think KC was totally surprised.  He said he had no idea we were doing anything.  They built a fire in the fire pit and stayed and visited long after Kelley and I went to bed.  I'm grateful for his good friends and the influence they have had on his life.  I sure am proud of the great young man KC has grown up to be. I can't even believe he is 24!   I know I sound prejudice, but he's pretty special. 
There isn't a day that goes by that I don't thank Heavenly Father for giving me the blessing of being his mom. 




 It was good to see Jared and Markie...haven't seen too much of him since he got married.  He seems real happy.




German chocolate was a hit!...ate way too much!

No comments: