Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Monday morning I had another appointment with the dentist.  I've really been dreading this one.  Last time I was in there he showed me the x-rays of my teeth and said that one tooth in the back was broken and there was no way to save it. He said I could either do a bridge or an implant. He also said that after looking at the x-ray, he could see that I didn't have very much bone  under that tooth, so  he may have to do a bone graft.  great. I didn't want a bridge, so he will do an implant there.  It can't be any worse than the last one...I shouldn't say that...with my teeth, it can always be worse. 
 It already had a crown on it so at my last visit he took that off and kind of drilled away at it till it was just flat there.  Then on Monday, he drilled some more, then took it out in pieces.  I tried to go to my happy place, but couldn't seem to find it.  After about a half hour of him digging and picking and pulling and about climbing on top of me in the chair, he said "OK!  that went really well!"  Ha!  He packed my mouth with gauze and told me to take it easy for a couple days and sent me on my way.  I paid another portion of the bill which was almost more painful than the work he just did.  I
I stopped at walmart to pick up a pain prescription on the way home.  My mouth was still full of gauze and all numb so I'm sure I was quite a sight.  I found out later that I had blood in my hair too when KC came up to me and said " I think you have some barbecue sauce in your hair"  awesome.
I came home and just laid down for a little while...I didn't want to take the pain pills unless it hurt really bad.  I don't like the way they make me feel.  So I just took several ibuprofen.  When I woke up, it  didn't really hurt that much.  The bleeding had stopped, so I pulled out the gauze.  Kelley was out mowing and fertilizing the lawn, so I went out and piddled around in the garden, pulling a few weeds and picking up garbage that had blown around the yard.  I could see why Dr. L said to take it easy.  When I would bent over, I could feel my heart beating in my head and got kind of dizzy.  So I decided to just do as he said and take it easy. Just kind of lounged around, got some reading done. Yesterday when I looked in the mirror at it (it takes me a while to build up the gumption to look at my wounds...I get queasy really easy!  Even looking at my earring holes after I had my ears pierced made me light headed!  Ha sorry KC, you inherited that from me!)  it looked like it had some gauze shoved down in the hole where my tooth used to be.  I figured he must have left that in there for some reason.  When Kelley had his tooth pulled, he got a dry socket (so very painful...he took his whole bottle of pain pills, then wanted more!  that's not like him....very high pain threshold) and Dr. L. put gauze soaked in medicine down in the hole to help it heal.  So I figured that's what it was.  I was looking at the post -op directions and it didn't mention anything about having gauze in there.  It said for me to start rinsing my mouth with salt water on the second day.  I thought that would be weird with gauze still in my mouth, so I called the office to see what to do.  The receptionist thought that sounded weird, so she got the nurse.  The nurse said she had didn't think that sounded right, but went and got the nurse that worked on my mouth.  She said there was definitely no gauze in my mouth.  She asked me what it looked like.  I said it was white and pointy.  She said what I was seeing was the blood clot....that when it starts to heal, it turns white...definitely don't pull it out!  Ha!  I'm such a gomer.
 It's feeling pretty good today just continuing to take ibuprofen...I went and played racquetball, but didn't push it too much.

 Yesterday afternoon, we went over to Curtis' mom's house to pick up an organ that she wanted to get rid of.  She is getting new carpet and furniture and no one ever played it, so she was happy to see it go. Kelley and KC maneuvered it out her front door and down her steps to the truck.  It must have really been heavy.  I mean these guys are pretty strong and they were grunting and groaning trying to get it up into the truck.  They figured it must have been about 300 pounds. 
 There had been a storm brewing all day. The Weatherman had predicted winds 60 mph and he was right about that. It was the strangest storm.  While they were loading the organ up, all the sudden, the wind changed and the temperature dropped at least 20 degrees.  It was still blowing like crazy, but now it was cold.
 Kelley and KC covered the organ with a big tarp and secured it down.  As soon as we got going on the freeway, the tarp blew off.  I thought we had lost it cause it was so windy, but it was still in the back of the truck.  We pulled over and Kelley and KC got out and covered it again.  The wind was blowing so hard, I was afraid for them out there.Well we made it the rest of the way home and then they got to unload it. 





It really took some doing to get it downstairs.  It's in perfect condition and has all the bells and whistles you could ask for.    I think it will be fun to have.  I've always wanted to learn how to play the organ.  We turned it on and played with it a little bit, but I'll have to get out the instruction book to figure it out. (glad she still had it!)  I think what we will end up doing though, is giving it to this guy in the ward.  He plays the organ for Sacrament meeting and stake functions but doesn't even have a piano.  He goes to the church and practices when he can.  He is an amazing pianist...the kind that can just sit down and play with no music.  We are going to ask him if he would like it...he sure needs it more than we do.
Have I mentioned that I love these two more than life itself?  Well I do.

No comments: