Tuesday, May 13, 2014

A few thoughts from the last few days...
 
Kelley and I were able to spend a lovely afternoon at the temple on Saturday.  I love to do sealings.  Brother Larsen always makes it special and makes everyone feel welcome and appreciated.  He had a sweet message for us about the mission of mothers that really touched my heart.



 The tulips were amazing!  That guy is pretty good looking too!
 Mama duck on the canal road with her babies...just sat there in the middle of the road.  I had to get out of the car and herd them off to the side.  They went right back after I drove by.  There must have been something on the road they were eating.  I hope other people will watch out for them.  Those little chicks were just as cute as could be.
 Mother's day is usually pretty close to Kelley's birthday, but this year it fell on the same day. It made it kind of nice to celebrate both of our special days together.  I'm not going to lie, I was feeling kind of blue cause I was missing my mom and the rest of our family so much.  I sit in church and see all the grandma's and moms surrounded by their kids and grand kids and that ugly jealousy starts creeping into my heart. I even  had several well intentioned people say to me..."Oh I bet you miss your grand kids today"  yes. I. do.
But then I look around me and think ...I can't complain about anything!  I have been given a beautiful family!  I have a wonderful, faithful husband, four amazing children, and three beautiful grandchildren!  And we all love each other! 
 I looked around at other women in church and I started thinking about them...There are  many women who come to church alone either because their husband isn't active or their husband has passed away.  There are women who want so much to have children, but sit there with empty arms because they have not been given that blessing in their life.  There are women who don't come to church on Mother's day because it is a painful reminder to them of the loss of their own mother or loss of a child.  There are women like my my own daughter, who have a heart full of love and are so ready to give it to someone, but have not found the man to share it with.  There is nothing she wants more than to be a wife and a mother.
My heart ached for all of these women. My pity party was over and my thoughts turned to compassion and prayers for these women that truly have a reason to feel blue.
We spent a lovely afternoon together with Candice and KC.  They are so thoughtful and really made the day special. 
 I got these sweet cards from Olivia and Sam. Gosh I just love them to pieces!
 Kelley gave me these beautiful hanging baskets...love them!
Candice is so thoughtful...she gave me all my favorites...yummy candle, gardening tools and a good book to read. 
KC wrote me the sweetest note...those mean so much to me!
 Katie and Camille sent us sweet cards and this gift card.  That's what I'm talking bout! yummo!
 Sure feel blessed and humbled to get to be a mom and a grandma. Thats all I've ever really wanted.  Life is good.

No comments: