Friday, May 16, 2014




So at racquetball on Wednesday, Marsha comes in with this coolest water feeder for the chickens!  She had made one for her chickens and made one for us too.  How nice is that?  It's pretty cool.  It's a bucket with holes drilled out of the bottom, then these little water nipples go in the holes.  She taped around them so they don't leak.  You hang it up so the chickens don't step in it or poop in it and get the water all dirty.  I have wanted to have their water off the ground ever since we got them so I think this will be really neat!



Marsha took me home because we wanted to stay and play racquetball a while longer and I had ridden with Stacey.  She wanted to see how our coop worked anyway.  She got some chicks this spring and is going to do laying hens too.  When I talked to her about it, I just couldn't say enough good about them.  I have thoroughly enjoyed having them.
I hope our chickens can figure out the water feeder...if we can change it over to a five gallon bucket, then we wouldn't have to worry about getting water for them when we go out of town.  As it is, we need to fill their water about every other day.  Thanks Marsha! You're the best!
 Yesterday was the nicest day.  We have had some really cold weather this past week, so it sure felt good to have a beautiful warm sunny day!  I have been tending all the little plants I got about a month ago when I went with my sisters to the "Fuchsia day" event that they had at Smiths.  They had small geraniums and fuchsias on sale so I bought a bunch of them.  I've had to cover them several nights to keep them from freezing but they all survived and have grown into pretty nice plants.  
When we got the fuchsias, we also went over to Home Depot and got some of that Barcopa (the little white flowers that are so cute) that were really small too.  Now they have grown nicely too.  I planted one pot and it turned out really cute.  I'm going to plant the baskets on the patio wall with fuchsias too.  They are so pretty! I'll take a picture when I get them done.
Kelley and KC have been working hard on the garden wall.  It's really looking good.  When they went down to reds canyon last time, they got a really huge rock. I can't really imagine how they got it into the trailer.  It was quite a process to unload it.  They backed up the truck to where they wanted the rock to land, then used the dumper to let the rock slide off the trailer.   
KC is getting the spot ready for the rock here...


I worked out in the yard all afternoon.  All the spring bulbs have come and gone so I cut off the ones that the leaves had died off.  Then I pulled a bunch of weeds. It's kind of theraputic to me to dig out in the dirt.  Even digging out dandelions was a pleasure with my nice new gardening tools.  Thanks Candice, I love them!

No comments: