Friday, May 9, 2014

 I got the best surprise last week...Camille and Emily came home for the weekend.  She had mentioned that she would like to come for Keelee's sealing to Jason, but then said she wasn't going to be able to make it. Then Thursday afternoon I get a call from her and she said what are you doing tomorrow?  I told her I was going with Kelley and KC to get some rocks.  She said "I was going to surprise you and just show up", but then KC told her that we were going to be gone all day, so she decided to tell me so I would try to get home quicker. So it was still a surprise, but I knew it was going to happen!  (Seriously so surprised  that Camille kept it a secret all that time...she is the worst secret keeper ever! (sorry dear, but you are.)
I love that she wanted to surprise me, but in general, I'm not a big fan of surprises.  I would have liked to be getting ready for them to come, you know, buying food they like and fixing up their room, and not to mention being super excited for the three weeks before they got here instead of having a big pity party cause I missed them so bad.  Anyway, I was thrilled beyond measure that they were here!
Emily is such a little joy...we couldn't get enough of her

 Kelley and KC were working hard on the wall on Saturday morning and Camille had gone to the temple early for Keelee's sealing so come Saturday afternoon, they all needed a nap.
Later that day, we went over to Kelley's dads place.  As soon as we went in, we could see that someone had broken in.  They had rummaged through things and made a big mess in the house. We wondered why the alarm system hadn't notified us, but then realized the electricity had been cut off some how.  It was awful to think of someone going through the house like that.  They had taken some things that were out in the shed and probably other things too... we couldn't tell...there is still so much stuff there.  So now Kelley and his brothers will have to get the electricity fixed and get things back in order.  I kind of wish they would just move forward and get the house cleaned out and sold.






 Sunday was a beautiful day...so nice to have Camille and Emily at church with us.
 
Then we enjoyed the afternoon lounging and playing Racko...doesn't get much better than that.


Emily is happy to just crawl around and play with whatever she comes across.  She had fun with my yarn until she got all tangled up and couldn't detach herself from it!



Monday morning we decided to go for a hike.  We were thinking somewhere pretty close like Donut falls but when we got up there, the road that goes into it was under water!  So we went a little farther and saw a trail on the other side of the road that seemed like it would be dryer.  As soon as we pulled over, Emily threw up.  I don't know what it is with my car, but Camille's kids always get sick riding in the back seat.  Poor Emily!  She was covered in it and it was all over her blanket too.  We got her clothes off and cleaned her up, then I rummaged through some bags of stuff we had brought from Kelley's folks place and found this full body bib.  So Camille put that on her and put on her jacket and we were ready to go.  We started out on the trail but only a little way up, there was snow.  We thought we could get around it and went a little farther but the trail was really muddy and we were going to have to cross a stream where the water was running pretty fast so we decided to bag it.  It was beautiful in the mountains though ...everything is so green and fresh.  I'm glad we went.



 Camille had text Travis and told him she was in town, so we were glad when he stopped by to visit Monday afternoon.  We haven't seen him for quite a while so it was good to catch up.  Love that guy.
 It's so hard to see them leave...Candice and I dream of the happy day when she won't have to say goodbye.

No comments: