Tuesday, May 27, 2014

I've really got to try to keep caught up cause my memory isn't getting any better these days, and some pretty cool things happened last week that I hope I can remember.
OK first the funniest thing happened last Wednesday when I was going to racquetball.  I was running late and forgot my phone ( which turned out to be quite tragic)  So I was going down 35th  south and noticed this motorcycle in front of me.  It looked like one of those furby people cause the guy had these big furry ears.  When I got closer, I could see he was in full dog costume.  It was a great costume too...furry body with a big bushy tail and with paws and a full on  German shepherd dog face.  He was wearing a jersey that said Max...K-9.  Anyway I figured he must be a mascot for some team.  He went down redwood road too and we both stopped at the light there where you turn up to the redwood multipurpose center.  Then all the sudden he hops off his motorcycle and puts his kick stand down.  He walks out into the crosswalk and I see this little Japanese lady coming across the road.  He walks up to her and puts out his arm for her to take to help her across the street.  This was the funniest part...this little Japanese lady looks up at him and screams when she sees this big dog! I was dying cause I had left my phone home and I wanted to take a picture of what was happening so bad!!!  He must have said something to her cause then I see her laughing.  She puts her arm through his and they walk to the sidewalk together.  It was so funny and sweet!
Then when I got to racquetball, Ruth had me playing Lanis first.  I had got there late and when I came in heard some of  the ladies talking about coming and playing last Friday in the afternoon.  Lanis said she had learned some new moves.  Ha!  She is a good player....I really enjoy playing her.  She hits the ball really hard.  I have always been able to beat her though...sometimes hitting it hard is to my advantage.
When we went in to play she said "I'm going to do better today"  I was like "ok, cool, bring it on."  Then she proceeded to kick my butt. Apparently she had learned an awesome corner shot from Pat and she used it time after time.  I think I got about 9 points.    Ha!  I was really exhausted when we finished playing.  I was really giving it everything I had.  I like her attitude though... it was kind of like 'The Secret'..."I'm going to do better today... and she did.

We had our combined for Young women that night.  The guys were in charge and and we didn't really know what we were going to be doing.  At BYC the Sunday before they were kind of like deer in the head lights when we asked them what they had planned. Haaa these guys kill me!  ummmm something outside...maybe Frisbee golf or something...just show up at the church at 7.  So when we all got there, they said to go over to the park and we would play ultimate Frisbee.  I didn't know what that was but the kids seemed excited about it.  It was kind of like football but you were throwing a Frisbee instead of a ball.  They picked teams one at a time (which I am not a fan of...had flash backs of elementary school, waiting uncomfortably while teams were picked, then  finally hearing my name being reluctantly called because I was the last one left...)  anyway, I don't know how it is for boys, maybe they don't get their feelings hurt as easy, but I could see some of the girls self esteem plummet. They started the game and had us leaders play too. I spent most of the time trying to keep Elizabeth from getting beaned in the head with the Frisbee.  She was very talkative that night (something about the dentist and her brother missing her sisters concert...I just nod my head  a lot...she seriously is the sweetest girl...I just want to squeeze her. When she is in a big group through, she wants your attention and will just start talking and won't let you leave her.) and was oblivious to the Frisbee flying by her head, so we just walked up and down the field and I listened to her and deflected the Frisbee when it got too close.  When she got tired, we went over to the side and played with Cami's baby.  Cami is going to be great in YW.  She fits in really well with all of us and the girls like her.  I know it was an effort to come that night because Buie is in the YM so they had to bring all their kids to the activity.  I really appreciate her willingness to be involved.
After a while, Jarom and Brad showed up and the game got kind of rough.  Soon after that everyone quit and had cookies and punch...(very impressed they brought treats...I think that was a first!)   It seemed like everyone had a good time though. 




No comments: