Thursday, May 8, 2014


Last week after racquetball, Marsha text me and asked if I would like to go to the Women's Conference down at BYU with her.  I have never been before but have always wanted to go so I was pretty excited about it.  I was glad Brenda came too.  I met them out in Draper at the Harmons parking lot about 8:15 so we could make it down there by 9:00 when it started.  As soon as we got on campus, I knew we were not going to make it to the opening talk by Sheri Dew.  There were more women there than I have ever seen before.  Big bunches of them moving like a herd of sheep into the Marriott Center.  We drove by this longest line of women that were slowly  going into the building while we were searching for a parking spot.  The parking lots anywhere near the Marriott center were full and they were directing us to park at the Stadium parking.  We thought we would just check out this parking lot east of the Marriott center and were surprised and very happy to find a few spots left.  So we didn't have to walk very far to join the huge line of women waiting to register.  I seriously have never seen so many women in one place!  We finally got through the lines and registered and got to hear the last 30  minutes of Sheri Dew's talk.  She is such a wonderful lady.  I for sure want to get a copy of her talk and give it to my girls. 
After her talk, we decided to go listen to Matt Townsend speak. He was talking about communication in your marriage.  He is such a great speaker.  I like to listen to his radio show on Saturday afternoons about relationships.  He has a great way of getting the point across that was very real and I think every women there could relate.  His wife spoke first and did a great job too.  He gave me some good things to think about and helped me understand why men communicate the way they do.
 After his talk we decided to stay in the same building to listen to Brad Wilcox.  He was talking about Grace and used songs to present his ideas.  It was so good!  They had this new guy group called Beyond 5 sing Come thou fount and it was pretty amazing.  Their harmony was incredible.
He also used There is sunshine in my soul and I stand all amazed.  It was really a great talk.
After we walked up to the book store and looked around for a bit, then decided to head for home.  I had an early YW that night so I needed to get back.  We stopped at Zuppas and got something to eat.  It was really nice to spend the day with these dear friends and hear these inspiring talks. It's the kind of thing that you just want everyone you love to hear so they can feel the same wonderful way that you feel.  Maybe next year...

No comments: