Saturday, March 31, 2012

A while ago, Angie asked me if I would go to Stephanie Nielsens book signing and get her a signed book  ( Heaven is Here...coming out April 3). 
I follow Stephanie's blog too, so I was happy to do it!
Candice came with me and we had fun walking around the beautiful new City Creek and shopping a bit.
I bought the book when we first got there, but Stephanie wasn't going to be there for about 45 minutes, so we thought we'd walk around for a while.  When we got back to Deseret book, there was a long line of women waiting to get their book signed.  We got in line too and a few minutes late, this lady came up and grabbed my arm.  I was thinking, Oh dear, this person must know me and I have no idea who she is!  But then she said "would you let us interview you for KSL?"    I couldn't really get out of it, so I said OK.   She said " just look at me and answer my questions"   Her camera guy came up behind her and turned on the bright light.  Oh dear, I do not think well on my feet, and I was really flustered and also having a hot flash.
She started asking me questions..."why would you stand in a line like this to have your book signed?"
I told her that I followed Stephanies blog and had been inspired over the  past few years by her positive attitude and story of faith and courage.  She asked me a few more questions, something about what I wanted to gain from this book.   I can't remember what I said...going into nervous blabbering mode...
Anyway, they interviewed a few other people there in line too, then went over and talked with Stephanie. 
We were in line about 45 minutes, but it was nice because they had Mindy Gledhill singing and brought around cake bites which were heavenly.
Finally it was our turn and we got to talk with her and her husband for a minute.  She was really sweet and friendly and signed Angie's book and a paper for me to put in my book.  ( I saw on her blog one day  that they were having a special that day to get the book half off if you pre- ordered it! ...but it won't get here till April 3)  Anyway, it was neat to meet her and her husband.


This is looking over the side of the walkway that goes over the street....This place is really amazing!
( They didn't show any of the interviews with the people in line on the news, but you could see Candice and I in the back ground when they showed the interview with Stephanie!  HA!  I was so relieved!)

1 comment:

Angie said...

THANK YOU so much for doing this for me!! That is so awesome you got pulled out to interview:)I really appreciate you going for me that was so nice!