Thursday, March 8, 2012

A few things from the past few days...
Kelley and I have been playing racquetball on Monday nights for a while now.  I was nervous about playing against men....they hit the ball really hard and I end up cowering in the corner!    But most everyone has been nice and gentlemanly. 
 This guy Kelley is playing, I played the first week we went and I beat him!  Ha!  Well then I had to play him a few weeks later and he was not as nice.  I mean no mercy...he was hitting the ball so hard, it was scaring me.  Needless to say, I got 0 points that game. 
Guys are pretty competitive ( most of them....there are a few in this league that are more easy going and just a lot of fun to play)
Anyway,  I like racquetball...it's the funnest way I've found to exercise, and it's nice to have something that Kelley and I both enjoy doing together!

The sister missionaries asked me if I would take them to the temple yesterday.  I thought I might as well do a session while I was there.  I had the missionaries do some family names for me too so that was good!  What was really cool though was that it was the day all the missionaries in the area were going to the temple.  They had a meeting in the chapel before the session with all the missionaries and had the Temple president and mission president speak.
I was going to go to a different session cause I thought it was just for the missionaries, but the sisters I brought wanted me to join them so I did.  I'm so glad I did!  It was very cool to be with this group (400+missionaries) and feel the power and spirit that was in the room.
After the session, all of these missionaries were in the celestial room together.  There was a great feeling in the room as they greeted each other.  Their mission president went around and talked with all of them and you could tell there was a great love between them. The spirit in the room was  amazing as all the missionaries had come to the temple fasting. It was pretty touching to look around the room at these young men and women...heads bowed in suplication to our Heavenly Father for help and guidance in the task before them.
It was great to see some of the sister missionaries we have had serving in our stake that had moved to different areas.  Being able to work a little bit with them, I've sure grown to love them. 
 (Oh and what made it and even more special session...JoAnn was the ordinance worker who helped me though!  She is such a special lady.  I watched her helping the sister missionary who was going through before me  who was having quite a bit of trouble and she was so sweet and kind with her.  She truly is an angel.  

After our fishing expedition with the YW and YM, ( where Kelley brought his homemade salsa for everyone) they asked if he would come teach the YW how to make salsa.
He did a great job and got all the girls involved.  
He even showed them how to make chips out of corn tortillas and then his famous nachos.(One of the girls had a big bite of jalapeno pepper and was afraid she wouldn't be able to play the trumpet the next day for her program cause her lips were on fire...oh dear)
Word got out on what was going on and soon the kitchen was full of people enjoying the salsa, chips and nachos. 
 The Young women President, Colleen, made this cute blanket for Kelley for taking them ice fishing.   So Nice!

Good times, heart and lip burn had by all.

1 comment:

Angie said...

I love Kelley's yellow apron! how fun that he could show them salsa. I think it would have been so neat to be at the temple with the missionaries.