Friday, March 16, 2012

Stuff that makes me happy...

The other day as I was driving home from racquetball, I all the sudden got the thought that I should call Kelley's dad and see if he needed a ride to the Temple. He is a veil worker every Wednesday afternoon.   He said he had just talked himself out of going because he is too nervous about driving clear out there anymore.
So thankful for the prompting...stayed and did some initiatory work.  What a nice day.

KC and I have been trying to learn how to play the guitar.  This guitar is a beauty that Kelley bought me before we got married.  I had tried a few times before to learn, but gave up cause it hurt my fingers!  Lame.
So I dug out an old guitar book (that had been thoroughly chewed by peaty, our old ( dead...yeah, I don't want to talk about it...) lovebird)  from my music files and we started on page one.
We started out learning the notes on the strings....now we are moving into some chords.
The first few days my fingers were pretty sore...(numb),  (fingers sore?  fine!  now you've pulled landscaping duty!) but they are toughening up.
KC has a much better memory than me and can just look at the music and play the songs.  I need to keep thumbing back through the pages to remember what the notes are.  I'm getting a little better with practice though.  Gosh the ukulele is a lot easier....I don't know what the names of the cords are that I'm playing on it, but it's never mattered...you can just feel what you need to play. 
I hope some day I can do that on the guitar too! 

This just goes without saying....
Sunday afternoon, Candice came over and we did some stitchery together.  Can't tell you how happy it makes me that she has the desire to learn how to embroider.  She did a great job!  Nice even stitches!
Oh, another cool thing....last night we to a caucus meeting...my first official... ( I vaguely remember going to one about 20 years ago over at Roths)
It was really interesting.  We all met in the auditorium at Kearns Jr. high.  There was a lot of people there...most every chair filled and people in the door ways.
I liked that we started the meeting with prayer and the pledge of allegiance.  Then Jim Dunnagan read this motto for republicans.  It was super long, but very cool as he told all the things we stand for and believe in.
Then they divided us into our precincts and we all went into different rooms.  Dave D. was our precinct chairman and did a great job.  He's a good guy...had bad problems at work and had to go back after meeting was over to fix, but he was there, doing his duty. 
I didn't really know what went on at these meetings, so it was interesting to be a part of it.
We elected a new chairman, vice chairman and  secretary/treasurer.  I thought it was cool how this one young guy nominated himself.  He was just excited about the whole process and was willing to serve! 
I think he got to be the vice-chairman.  You gotta love anybody who is willing to go to these meetings to represent!
Then we took nominations for the county and state delegates.  This was  more serious, because they were going to be representing our prescient in matters such as mayor, senators, congressmen...that sort of thing.  We nominated a lot of different people...many turned the nomination down...for different reasons.
All the different nominees got up there and told a little about their self and what they wanted to see happen with the upcoming elections.  Several were really impressive and stood up for things that were important to me. We voted and came out with one winner,( but we needed two delegates for State)  (not enough votes (30) for any of the others to qualify)  so we voted again.  Still not enough votes.  So this last time, they eliminated all but the two highest delegates and we voted again.  This time Paul Roth came out on top.  I love that guy!    He will do a great job! 
   

1 comment:

Angie said...

how fun your learning the guitar!