Thursday, March 8, 2012

An update on the remodeling...
This last week was a process of taking out the walls, tub, toilet, vanity and shower.  Rick came over and helped Kelley figure out what all the wires that were left hanging out of the walls and ceiling went to.  I don't know what we would have done with out him!  He has a machine that tells which wires are "hot" so Kelley was in the back room with the breaker box flipping each switch, then Rick would holler downstairs  if that  wire was hot or not.  So they figured out which wires we needed and labeled them all.  It was nice to get to sit and visit with Stacey while they worked the wiring out.
Kelley was cussing the guy that put the tile in..."he really installed this like he wanted it to stay there forever!"   hmmmm... that would be him.

Glad KC was here to help Kelley get the tub out.  Kelley said it was not nearly as heavy as mums old cast iron tub...now that took some doing.

Then Kelley had to saw the tile in that bathroom (very loud!!! and dusty!)  It amazes me to watch him work.  He has the saw in one hand and the shop vac in the other so the dust doesn't fly everywhere. Talk about a multi-tasker!





So that's whats under the tub....
 Temporary wall so we can use that bathroom...

This is what our master bathroom looked like when I left to go to Logan Saturday...


And when I got home that night...ahhhhhhhh!
Ok...now we can start rebuilding!  This will be the fun part!  (well for me...I'm not sure Kelley is having fun yet.)

2 comments:

Angie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angie said...

Sorry that last comment didn't really make sense so I deleted it. I cant believe all the work for the new bathroom. I am sure its going to beautiful when its done.